GO!

What is a bully stick?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 3 of 8: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Nikki

FOOD FOOD FOOD

Barked: Thu Dec 7, '06 12:26pm PST 
you might want to start off with a less well-endowed (shorter) (bol) bully stick, as they can sometimes cause diarrhea. we only do the shorter ones here, every-so-often, otherwise I will be running to the potty all night!... that is no fun!

Edited by author Thu Dec 7, '06 12:32pm PST

[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Thu Dec 7, '06 12:37pm PST 
petfooddirect.com sell the 6" ones for $2.56 and the 12" ones for $4.11
[notify]
Duchess

Save a- Life:- Adopt!

Barked: Thu Dec 7, '06 1:58pm PST 
Well Mommy just spoke with Grandmaw on the phone and jokingly told her what a bully stick was, not expecting the reaction she got. Grandmaw told her never to buy me one!! *pout*

I think Mommy will get me one anyway and tell Grandmaw it's a rawhide bone smile

Hank the- Handsome- Hound

not just another- pretty face

Barked: Thu Dec 7, '06 2:44pm PST 
Hi, my name is Hank and I have a Bully Stick problem.

I am way past the addiction stage, mom says I have a problem. I love bully sticks SO much! I can chew for hours and finish a 12 inch stick. They have done wonders for my teeth so Mom keeps buying them. Even if they weren't good for me, I'd still love them.

Mom buys ours at a place called Care-A-Lot. They call them 'pizzle sticks' there and they sell for $1.50 for the 12 inch sticks. They have a website: www.carealotpets.com and will ship to you.

Mmmmmmm... bully sticks...
[notify]
Hank the- Handsome- Hound

not just another- pretty face

Barked: Thu Dec 7, '06 2:48pm PST 
Duchess, what Grandmaw don't know won't hurt her!

Right?
[notify]
Cokie

Let's have a- party :) !!!

Barked: Thu Dec 7, '06 2:50pm PST 
I have been wondering about this also!!! Baaahaaa ha!!! My grandpa raises cattle and my mom has never heard of this. I guess nothing should go to waste.
[notify]
Leo

POOP MACHINE!

Barked: Thu Dec 7, '06 2:57pm PST 
haha!

I got a bully stick with the business end attached today!

Let me tell you, bullies are absolutely fine until you see your dog run around with a chew that no longer resembles a tendon in his mouth.

they are so great, but if no one's warned ya about the smell yet, don't give one to your dog if he's sitting in your lap. smile
[notify]
Raskol

Paddle!- Paddle!- Splash!

Barked: Thu Dec 7, '06 3:03pm PST 
I am soooooo jealous of you pups that can chew for hours, or can make a 12 incher last a couple days.

I get the braided 12 inch ones and 45 minute TOPS and it's gone.

And thanks for tips on where to buy cheaper, my chi-chi $4.25 charging boutique just lost some business.

Edited by author Thu Dec 7, '06 3:04pm PST

[notify]
Gio

CD RE (CKC)- RXMCL (CARO) FM- CGN SJATD

Barked: Thu Dec 7, '06 3:04pm PST 
Bully stick? Did someone say "bully stick"?!?! I LOVE BULLY STICKS!!! My leg starts a-twitchin' at the mention of them They are better than bum rubs ... and THAT is saying something!

Mom found them at a local garden/pet/feed store. We get them there for a few reasons:
1) They are cheaper by $3 to $4.
2) They aren't as picked over so you can find the really thick ones (they charge by the length, not the diameter, so you can get a thick 12" one for the same price as a skinny 12")
3) We like supporting our local businesses, especially one as good as this place!

(Gio's mom here:
I have to say, even if you aren't sure if your dog will like them, get the proper size! Anything bigger than a small toy or terrier breed should get the 12" bullies. If you are afraid that the dog will get the runs if they eat too much, then just take the bully away from them after a little while, wrap in saran wrap and store in the fridge until next time. The length of the bully has to be correct for the size of the dog in order for them to be able to hang on to it and chew it safely. Once Gio has his wittled down to 2 or 3 inches, I throw the last piece away. )
[notify]
Patches

Shake it like a- Polaroid- picture!

Barked: Thu Dec 7, '06 3:07pm PST 
Just becarful and take the bully stick away when it reaches a size that your dog can swallow it, chocking hazard.

Am I the only person with a pup that no longer enjoys Bully Sticks anymore? I bought a big pack of Bully's from Costco and I feel I wasted my money now.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 8: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8