GO!

Problems with Purina T-Bonz and Purina Products?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

RIP Baby- Jewel

Baby: Princess,- Protector, Pooch

Barked: Thu Mar 30, '06 9:36am PST 
Last week I went to Petsmart and got the chewy dog treats (on sale) called T-Bonz by Purina. My dog loved them, but I noticed her vomiting a little after eating them. Before I freaked and took her to the vet I decided to stop giving her the T-Bonz, and sure enough the vomiting stopped too. I thought that Purina was a reputable company for pet products, but now that I think about it my dog seems to have adverse reactions to many of their products, whereas other brand names (even cheaper ones) she is just fine with, and sometimes prefers. Has any one else had issues w/the T-Bonz or any other Purina products?
[notify]
Jake

Little Rascal!

Barked: Thu Mar 30, '06 5:37pm PST 
No I would never feed my dog Purina. In the shelter he was getting a mix of Purina and Kibbles and Bits. He has california snap biscuits for treats. And I also give him a little human beef jerky, and some string cheese for treats. He does have a box of milkbones, but I rarely give them to him.

Two people back home had problems with feeding their dogs Purina Beneful. They both have liver damage now. One was a yorkie puppy the other was a golden retriever. Kind of scares me! ! I stay clear of Purina!
[notify]
Brody

The best things- come in little- packages

Barked: Thu Mar 30, '06 5:50pm PST 
Awww...that's scary Jake!

Baby - if you do a search of the forums for Purina, you'll find LOTS of opinions about it. I've never had the t-bone treats before. Maybe there is an ingredient in there that isn't sitting well with you. Poor thing! I hope your doing okay now.
[notify]

♱- Cheyenne- ♱

Life is Good!

Barked: Thu Mar 30, '06 8:27pm PST 
Cheyenne eats jumbones all the time and never have a problem with them (i think those are pedigree though). Here's the biggest thing with dog food/treats: just like people have problems with some foods, dogs do too. Cheyenne gets Beneful, does wonderful on it (that's all she gets now and she's a perfect weight, her coat is shiny, she's got tons of energy, she's in perfect shape) but I have heard of dogs who have problems with it. I also have a st. bernard who was raised on purina dog chow (basic, cheap dog food) and he's almost 11 years old and in perfect health. I think it's just a case of finding what your dog likes and if it does well with it.
[notify]
Bebe Kay

Queen Bebe, the- sweetheart.

Barked: Sat Apr 1, '06 8:08pm PST 
Yes, for a matter offact my Bebe started vomiting after eating T-Bones treats! She vomited for two days. I don't know if it could have been the starch, or red or yellow dye, I stopped feeding them to her.
I don't blame the company, or Bebe, somthing in them just doesn't agree with her.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 5:45am PST 
My dogs love them, but they get sick every time. I have two dogs, both get sick. it takes up to a day for them to puke, and its is like it is not even being digested..you can still see a day later that what came up was the tbonz treat. I was not sure if they were just "not well" so I waited a month and fed them each one again, same thing - up it comes.
[notify]
Delta

Play hard, sleep- well.

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 8:06am PST 
Cheyenne-
Yes, Jumbones are by Pedigree.

I've always had a problem with Purina.

I used to feed the cat Purina Cat Chow. She liked the food, but she scratched her skin raw and she had an inflamed and swollen mouth, because of the corn.

Delta threw up T-Bones, too.
[notify]
Ginger

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 10:42am PST 
We stay FAR AWAY from anything Purina! They will use the cheapest ingredients they can find (it doesn't matter where it comes from).
[notify]