GO!

Identity Crisis

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lucy

Barked: Tue Jul 20, '10 9:31am PST 
Hello dogster! I'm new here and figured I'd jump right in! My dog, Lucy is a mixed-breed. We adopted her just about two years ago when she was six months old. Her foster mother told us she was part Flat-coated Retriever when we went to pick her up. I was a bit surprised to hear this, as I know that Flat-coated Retrievers are not the most common breed. We accepted it though because we think she looks like a Flattie. When we took Lucy to the vet for her first appointment, her doctor told us it was near impossible that Lucy would be part Flattie because they were so rare..

I figured if anybody would know it would be the Flat-coated Retriever lovers/owners/fans on here! (: Please give me any feedback you may have! I can post more pictures of her if necessary! Thanks!!
[notify]
CH Kenai RL1

Brown is the new- black!

Barked: Mon Sep 27, '10 2:52pm PST 
I guess I'd need to see more pictures. Side views of her body. Her head is definitely not flattie...looks labrador. She does have some nice pretty chest hair that looks flattie like but that can also be border collie or some other long haired breeds. Your vet is right. Flat coats are a much less common breed than other possible breeds. Still... I do see a bit of a resemblance.. thinking
[notify]