GO!

Field Spaniel

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Ross

I love my- family!

Barked: Sun Apr 8, '07 9:58pm PST 
I have a wonderful, 3 year old field spaniel. We got him from a rescue and I didn't know he was a field spaniel or that the breed existed until we brought him home and researched on the internet. He is very true to the breed standard and has such a happy, loving personality. i was wondering what other field spaniels are like.
[notify]
Sampson

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '07 6:29am PST 
The same thing happened to me! I adopted Sampson and thought he was a Cocker (that is what the shelter claimed) but I wondered about that since he does not have a lot of the typical Cocker traits (I have a Cocker as well). After some research and consultations with dog experts, it seems Sam is a small (runt?) Field Spaniel, probably purebread. He is a sweet, easy-going, well-trained dog who was abandoned at a kill shelter after four years. I cannot begin to imagine why. I am just happy that we found each other!
[notify]