GO!

slobber?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Nola

Jock-a-mo fee- na-né

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '07 7:54pm PST 
Does this breed in general experience excessive drooling, or was that Turner and Hooch movie a bunch of hooey? Sounds like a silly question, but I really want to know.
[notify]
Magnum

Magnum - "Dogues Drool"

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '07 8:08pm PST 
Only when they drink a lot of water, or really want something you have.laugh out loud
[notify]
Hailey Gale

You snooze, you- lose!

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '07 3:04am PST 
Egg whites were used in Hooch's mouth to make him slobber like that. Dogue de Bordeaux's don't slobber any more than most dogs Their mouths get a little wet after drinking, but that's expected with an breed with jowls that hand down.
[notify]

chubby

chubby born to- destroy

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '07 4:32am PST 
well chubby drools,
he drools when hes drinking ,which is to be expected.
he drools when he eats, guess thats to be expected to!
drools when he smeels summit he likes!!!!!
drools when he sees us eating!!!
drools when hes walking!!!
doesnt drool when hes sleeping, so for that i should be gratefull i suppose.
so them folk who say they douges dont drool anymore than any other dog, let me know the secret please lol
[notify]

Barked: Wed Mar 14, '12 5:21pm PST 
I have 2 DDB, one slobbers much more than the other. I can honestly say that one of my girls would slobber as much if not more than the Dogue Hooch out of the film Turner and Hooch, and no egg whites involved lol!! They are like people, in that they are all different... But an amazing breed !!
[notify]
Percival- Snurflington

Barked: Thu Mar 22, '12 7:55am PST 
I agree. Some slobber more than others. We still have dogue slime on our ceiling from our first dogue, who's been at Rainbow Bridge for 3 years. Andre drools when he's eating, drinking or really excited. Percy doesn't drool much (so far), but water runs out of his jowls when he's done drinking.
[notify]
KING BRODIE- ALPHA DOGUE

Dozer your way- to what you- want!

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 7:56pm PST 
My boy Brodie drools ALL the time. It's on everything. Lol they def drool way way more then the average dog.
[notify]