GO!

Canadians!!! Lab Mix needs transport to Toronto from Vancouver Jewel? Sabi? Anyone?

This is a special place for Dogsters to help Dogsters arrange for community transport of rescues or dogs being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furever homes!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 6:53pm PST 
Hey guys. I know someone who needs to transport a lovely lab mix from Vancouver to Toronto to his new home. It was his father's dog, who unfortunately passed away. This poor guy can not keep the dog. So...
Transport would need to happen as soon as possible. I could do a leg to the Okanagan if we can get him any further. Never done this, so pardon any gaffes.
Sabi? Jewel?
ETA..or any info on pet transport here in Canada?

Edited by author Mon May 20, '13 6:54pm PST

[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 7:43pm PST 
I can probably get him as far as Sask as long as we can do it on the weekend. Jewel can you help? I think we have a dogster in Winnipeg, but I don't remember who.
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 10:57pm PST 
I know Cobain's owner is in Ontario(although not sure how close they are to Toronto), as is Cohen's owner.

I can't recall who was in Winnipeg though.

I'd help, but I'm in the same location as Sabi and unfortunately, don't drive, haha..
[notify]

Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 11:08pm PST 
Given limited members here would it be quicker to just fly him? I can help with that as well.
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 12:10am PST 
Squ'mey, check out these FB groups: Western Canada Animal Rescue Transfer Network and Pilots N Paws Canada Petscorts

I would think that flying is going to be cheaper and easier on everyone in the long run, especially since folks are pretty scattered throughout western Canada...I know that I wouldn't be able to commit to anything more than a couple of hours of driving time and my work schedule is particularly inflexible right now...

ETA: It looks like Pilots N Paws has a flight from Vancouver to Ottawa on May 24. I'm not sure how this works, but it sounds like it's worth looking into. And there is also this FB group: Air Angels (Rescue Animal Transport))

Edited by author Tue May 21, '13 12:16am PST

[notify]
Squ'mey

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 6:57am PST 
Thank you for the resources! We will definitely look at the flights. Thanks Rexy! We were discussing the length of time to drive & the stress, so if there's a flight going out we we will check that out. He has a tentative flight booked for Wednesday..but cargo/commercial. frown
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 9:01am PST 
I'm about 45mins East of Toronto and drive a Cavalier unfortunately. Not much space for a bigger dog.

Hopefully the flight works out!
Even in cargo, it will at least be quicker than the drive, and easier on him than being transferred from car to car, strange people to strange people. Maybe they can speak with a vet about prescribing something to help him out for the flight? Just a thought.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 9:06am PST 
Haha am I the only Sask person? That would be a long drive. Hopefully you can get a flight.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 9:08am PST 
Canuck dogs website has a transport section you could look at too.
[notify]
Squ'mey

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 9:11am PST 
You guys are the best. Darn our rugged terrain, eh? A sedative might be a good idea. I'll look into that.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2