GO!

Transport Florida to Chicago

This is a special place for Dogsters to help Dogsters arrange for community transport of rescues or dogs being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furever homes!

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 7:18pm PST 
I shared a photo of a dog from a high kill shelter onto facebook and to my surprise one of my friends wants him!
The only issue is the dog is in Florida and she is in Chicago.

I'm going to get the dog on Friday, 1/4/13 and foster him until we can find a transport.

Please if anyone can give me any help it would be amazing. She said she's willing to pay 100-200 to get him to her. We don't know what's a basic price, we've never shipped a dog before, lol.

He's a retriever mix, about 35lbs and only 6 months old. He's so adorable.
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 4:27am PST 
Try contacting "South Paws Express", they may be able to give you some ideas. People also set up rescue runs with volunteers who will take a leg of the trip and then hand off to the next volunteer. If you are setting up a run, it would be great if some other dogs could go too.

Good luck.
[notify]
Mischa

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 8:44am PST 
I've seen on one of the "Dogs 101" episodes on animal planets that there is a service where freelance pilots volunteer their time to help in situations like this.

I can't remember the name of the service but I think it was in the "Best Traveling Companions" episode . It was an Irish Setter.
[notify]