GO!

Would welcome help/information on the process of transporting dog from NC to AZ

This is a special place for Dogsters to help Dogsters arrange for community transport of rescues or dogs being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furever homes!

Gabriella

Barked: Tue Sep 27, '11 6:40pm PST 
My parents, who live in N.C., have a Carin Terrier named Dunbar. Due to their declining health, they are returning "Dunny" to his previous owner, who now lives in AZ. This is a win/win for not only Dunbar, but for mom, dad & his original owner. The concern now is how to transport him from NC to AZ. I cannot fathom putting him on an airplane for that distance, much less the safety issues that would accompany it. Is there actually a way that he could be "chauffeured" to his final destination. This sounds perfect, yet I have no idea how it works. ANY information would be greatly appreciated!
[notify]
Darcy

All I need is- Love......

Barked: Tue Sep 27, '11 7:35pm PST 
I had Darcy flown up with the Pilots-n-Paws group... They were awesome! I did use a rescue, though, but it's can't hurt to ask...
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Wed Sep 28, '11 8:00pm PST 
If you can't fly, then plot a route. Divide it into manageable legs & factor in transition times. Try to be specific about dates of travel. Then you can post it here & see if anyone can help you out.
[notify]

Gabriella

Barked: Wed Oct 5, '11 12:56pm PST 
Thanks for the info. We are using "FlyPets" and are extremely pleased so far.... Dunbar will be flown out this Thursday so please say prayers for a calm, safe experience for his trip.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Wed Oct 5, '11 2:27pm PST 
Have a safe flight...
[notify]