GO!

OTRA Verified Transporter

This is a special place for Dogsters to help Dogsters arrange for community transport of rescues or dogs being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furever homes!

Little- Peanut - Memorium

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '08 1:19pm PST 
OTRA Verified Transporter

How does one become OTRA certified??
(Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I'd like to know what it is)
Thanks to anyone who responds.
[notify]
George

Born to Run &- Fetch!

Barked: Wed Aug 27, '08 3:15am PST 
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OnTheRoadAgain/

On the Road Again (OTRA) is a volunteer animal transport group dedicated to aiding rescue animals in moving to their forever/foster homes. We combine over-the-road truck drivers and personal vehicle transporters for quicker and more efficient transport of our furkids.
The picture on our site is that of Tarot, a tiny blind Chow, which we helped to save, assisted by wonderful transport coordinators, rescues, foster/forever moms, and, of course, our truckers. (Go to http://www.7bellssanctuary.petfinder.com for this wonderful story.)
Animals posted to this group for transport must be spayed or neutered if going to forever home and must have a minimum of a Rabies vaccination to be elligible for transport. Special consideration will be given any animal accompanied by a veteranian's statement detailing medical reasons why this has not been accomplished.
We prefer animals requesting our assistance will have been out of a shelter and in temporary foster care for a minimum of two weeks to prevent spread of disease, come altered, wormed, with full immunization and a health certificate. However, we realize this is not always possible, and each case will be handled on a "needs/situation basis."
Ours is an open-joining group. However, please know that your posts will be moderated for the first few months to prevent "spamming," and to protect your own privacy.
You will receive an automated email upon joining which asks if you would like to become an OTRA Verified Transporter, and if so, will list our requirements for verification. OTRA Verifications are handled exclusively by Judy Burke, our OTRA Co-Owner and Verification Coordinator. Her email and mine will be included on the automated email. Rescues which desire OTRA Verification will meet thsee requirements, and additionally consent to a Home Visit for rescue verification.

Please come join us and help us save the furkids!

Brandy Holleran
Founder - OTRA
[notify]

Barked: Tue Nov 29, '11 6:19am PST 
I am interested as well in becoming certified. I've been assisting with transport for about 6 years. I sent a request via yahoo and didn't hear back on my gmail account. I rarely use the yahoo account because it is so busy with facebook networking that I lose things. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]