GO!

Active

dorothy- *dot* louise- in heaven

it's hard bein'- a pup

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 7:47am PST 
I have a question about the diary pages. What is active? I have been on the active page many times but I don't know what that really means. Does it mean I am active? Usually, I do the same things on dogster everyday so I don't think I am especially active. Does it mean my page is active with lots of people visiting it? It doesn't seem to be. I was just wondering. I always get thrilled when I go to the diary pages and see one of my friends so I don't care if they are on active or diary of the day or recently updated. I was just wondering if any one could tell me what active was.
[notify]
Xena

Xena Puggle:- Curtain Slayer!

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 8:24am PST 
My understanding is that it means you write in your diary a lot. I don't know how often you have to write in it to be considered "active" but as long as you update it regularly (which you obviously do--bravo! applause), then your diary would be "active."
[notify]

it's hard bein'- a pup

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 8:38am PST 
Geeze, I didn't even think of that! I must be getting soft in the head.
[notify]

Xena

Xena Puggle:- Curtain Slayer!

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 8:50am PST 
BOL laugh out loud
[notify]
Lady

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 7:13pm PST 
Where does it say active?
[notify]
Jelly

The world- belongs to me!

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 8:17pm PST 
It says active at the top of the fourth column in Diary Central. I too was wondering about it. I understood that it was for diaries that pups write on a regular basis (what that exactly means I don't know). I have seen myself in there a number of times. My big question is how is the time that you stay there determined? It seems to really vary as sometimes I am gone in just a couple of hours and other times I seem to be there all day. Does any pup know about this? shrug
[notify]

it's hard bein'- a pup

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '07 5:16am PST 
I was wondering about the time thing ,too. Then I was wondering if active means how many times you post in your diary what is the difference between active and most entries? For that matter,you would think that site favorites and most pawpular would be the same thing but they are not. But, all the categories (as confusing as they are) are still a fun way to see pups.
[notify]
Jelly

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '07 10:15pm PST 
I have a general feeling for the difference between active and most entries. Most entries is obvious and is the actual number of diary entries. This is partly a function of how long a pup has been on Dogster because it makes sense that the longer you are on Dogster the better is your chance to have a high number of entries. To me active is more of a frequency and it doesn't matter if a pup has been on Dogster for 2 years or 2 months and is about writing regularly. I don't know what the frequency would be - 3 times per week on average, 2 times per week on average or something else. I don't have the same feel for pawpular or most viewed. I don't know the difference or how they are determined. Like Dot said, it is confusing but it is still so much fun to read all the pup's diaries. Sometimes I do just scratch my head trying to sort the confusion out! BOL!!! thinking
[notify]

it's hard bein'- a pup

Barked: Fri Jun 15, '07 6:18am PST 
I think you are right about how long you have belonged to Dogster and all the different diary headings. I just wonder how they decide who goes where.
I have met more friends on the diary page than anywhere else. But then, I am a big diarist. BOL
[notify]
Jelly

Barked: Fri Jun 15, '07 4:39pm PST 
There are a few things on Dogster that I don't understand but I don't worry about it. I just enjoy meeting the pups and having a good time and I figure everything else will work itself out. dancingcheer
[notify]