GO!

Question with international travel and microchipping

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

Nola, CGC

Therapy Dog in- Training

Barked: Thu Sep 12, '13 7:38pm PST 
Nola will be traveling with me to Italy for 4-6 weeks in 2015. I know dogs need an ISO chip to travel internationally, but does one need to be implanted if your dog already has one? Nola has both an ISO and a HomeAgain chip.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Sep 13, '13 9:05pm PST 
If Nola has the chip already (and obviously you have the paperwork!!) then no....

It is simply required that they have the appropriately papered chips.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Mon Nov 18, '13 10:42am PST 
Zombie... that simply is not true.

As with anything..... nothing is 100% safe.. but to say that is misinformation
[notify]

B.J., CGC

We don't do- doodles!!

Barked: Mon Nov 18, '13 11:43am PST 
Zombie, the usual accepted practices on these threads call for listing the scientific studies when you are reporting "facts" about them... you seem to not have ANY studies backing your "facts", as has been noted by others previously.
How about some studies listing the "horrors" of the microchips??? I am sure the thousands of owners reunited with their beloved pets due to the use of a microchip would love to see them!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Mon Nov 18, '13 4:24pm PST 
zombie has been booted .. found out for the troll she was...

Just ignore any of her posts in any forum...
[notify]
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Wed Nov 20, '13 9:22pm PST 
Nola, you're good. Just make sure they put the ISO number (or both numbers) on the FAVN form(s) and on any/all rabies vax certificates. Most countries are sticklers about having the chip done first so they can confirm the dog vax'd matched the chip.

Scooter and Bretta both had two chips as well as ink, so it all was listed.
[notify]