GO!

soft kennel recommendations

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

Karu

Misbehaved Mutt

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 7:05am PST 
I'm trying to find my boy a travel/soft kennel/crate. its so hard to determine if one is any good over product descriptions. Any recommendations? He's 55 lbs. I'm looking for one with easy set up. I have one now with detectable poles that u need to take in and out for set up and its just a pain. Perfer smaller "windows" or one with window/side covers. Of course needs to be affordable (I'm broke, lol) and durable. Any suggestions?
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 2:33pm PST 
I've never used a soft kennel before. I have a travel kennel i use though that's a folding wire crate. I got it for like $50 online. It works okay. And then i went to a second hand store and got this great airline crate that i used in my exBFs truck for when jake rode in teh back.

Try reading amazon reviews before you buy. Or you can just type in item name + reviews and you can hopefully find some. But i don't trust soft crates as my boy will surely chrew through them or ripp them.
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 3:30pm PST 
I have had a good experience with the Nature's Miracle soft crate.
While they do have larger" windows" but that's nothing a blanket can't cover.
Easy set up and fold down. And quite sturdy.
I believe it was around $65, but in a year I haven't had any issues. Well worth the cost IMO.

Keep an eye on craigslist type listings as well. I've gotten another soft crate from kijiji - it's not as great of quality but it still does the trick, and was $30 or so
[notify]

Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Fri Mar 1, '13 6:31am PST 
I have two of these: Pop-up crate. They certainly aren't the best, not for chewers/diggers, but are very easy to setup/take down and work just fine for me and my dogs.

Edited by author Fri Mar 1, '13 6:32am PST

[notify]