GO!

The Coolest Place your dog has been

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Rocky *CGC*- With the- angels.

Gone but never,- ever forgotten- xxx

Barked: Wed Aug 8, '12 10:15am PST 
We're a military family so Rocky has travelled all over Europe with us... The coolest place? He really loved the beaches in Cyprus and playing fetch on the beach at Fort Rose in the Highlands of Scotland. He could play fetch and splash in the water and we humans could watch the dolphins and whales breaching the water puppy Although I think we appreciated that beach more than he did... He's also a huge fan of Loch Ness... We used to live 10 miles from there and he seems to like the water there more than anything else puppy Maybe it was the aspect of danger (there's a monster in there, you know lol).
[notify]
Sita CGC- SD(mostly- retired)

When we seeing- the ponies?!

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '12 9:23pm PST 
Sita LOVES Las Vegas, probably because everyone just seems to adore her there lol. She's also been to Washington State with me (she loved the beach, but not the ocean shrug). She's also been to St. George, Moab, CO, NM, ID, NV & WY with me. She found the Bodies exhibit at the Idaho Falls museum quite interesting BOL.

Tia hasn't been anywhere fabulous yet (not ready for public work & we haven't had time for any fun trips since I got her). But, she loves anything to do with the car. She's either napping, or watching for people on bicycles or motorcycles (she's completely fascinated with them!).
[notify]
Otto - Registered- Service Dog

ADI cert. - the only one- that matters!

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '12 1:28pm PST 
Riding the London Eye! smilecloud 9blue dog

Edited by author Mon Aug 13, '12 1:28pm PST

[notify]

Jazz

Surf's up, let's- go to the beach!

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '12 1:59pm PST 
Jazz swims at Fiesta Island in San Diego. The entire island is off leash. Last week, because it was very hot, lots of people brought their horses to the water. Seeing all the horses & dogs swimming together was very cool.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '12 10:08am PST 
Sounds like fun places to me. Otto i had to google the london eye and it looks super cool!! wave
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '12 3:38pm PST 
Ava has been with us when we took a cross-country trip from Washington to Virginia. smile

We camped in Yellowstone where she saw a real herd of Bison, and we also stopped to camp in the Badlands, South Dakota. In Eyota, Minnesota, on Memorial Day weekend, we had to pull off the freeway because my van's tire was about to literally come off, and we had to call a tow truck to take us to a mechanic, and then a Taxi to take us to a hotel for the night. Fortunately the mechanic was open on Memorial Day, so we got the van back in good time and were on the road again the next day. It took is 9 days to cross the country, including all the stops.

Nix traveled by road transport from his breeder's home in Texas, to our home in Virginia, when he was a puppy. I don't know what sights and smells he experienced on his trip, but that early exposure to travel made him great at adapting to changes in his life, which is good because I like travel too and plan to do a lot more of it with both the dogs. big grin

Not long ago we took a trip to Chattanooga, TN, to visit a friend of mine and her dogs, and Ava and Nix did wonderful for that 12 hour ride. We stayed at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo, and it's got to be the coolest hotel we've EVER stayed in! Super dog-friendly! The dogs were allowed in every part of the hotel except for the restaurants--They were even allowed in the pool room! We just tied them to chairs and gave them each something to chew on while we went swimming--the only time I had to get out of the water and move Ava and Nix out of the way was when someone in a wheelchair came through. They were great though, and nobody minded. Definitely looking forward to visiting again. smile

Edited by author Thu Aug 16, '12 3:40pm PST

[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '12 3:46pm PST 
Oz and Cobain travelled from Ontario to NY, NJ, PA, MD, WV and VA in one trip a few years ago smile
Then the next year they went with us from Ontario to New Brunswick for a week.

What I think was the coolest though was last week Cobain and Rigby were at Canada's Wonderland performing on stage!!
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Fri Aug 17, '12 10:29am PST 
The coolest place Jewel's been is right here, -55 with the windchill the first winter I had her. laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudbig laugh
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2