GO!

The Coolest Place your dog has been

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 6:53am PST 
So lets have some fun here. Where is the coolest place you have taken your dog? My dogs really havent been anywhere too special just camping trips over the state. The funnest place we go has to be Orchard Beach State Park. Its father away but that side of the state has beaches you can just pull on the side of the road and swim and massive sand dunes. dancing Kashmir loves it there.
[notify]
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 11:49am PST 
Gee, besides hiking trips my boys haven't been anywhere really cool.frown That's something I would like to change though. I want to take Twister on a camping trip with me in November; and if I ever move back to Taiwan while he is still with me, I def want to take him with me and 'show' him my fav spots from growing up. lolcloud 9
eta, the sand dunes sound awesome! There are some beaches I like in Taiwan that have some sand dunes, I think Twist would love them! Easy diggin.smile

Edited by author Thu Aug 2, '12 11:50am PST

[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 12:24pm PST 
the minis have gone across the US on a road trip from Pennsylvania to North California to South California, so they've seen the salt flats in Utah and parts of the Grand Canyon.. they've also gone to Japan and played in Osaka and Himeji and road on the trains there.

Ghost has been to the checkpoint museum in Berlin and ran around Blonia Park in Krakow and road on both really modern and really old trains. Locally we also have Huntington Dog Beach and they like it there too.. smile

Those were the few memorable cool places we've been to with the pups.
[notify]

Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 1:17pm PST 
Wow sounds like your pups have been some pretty cool places Lillith. @Twister Taiwan sounds like a cool place to visit with your dogs. way to go I have always wanted to travel and take my dog with me. The only thing i worry is the place being not being dog friendly.
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 6:40pm PST 
Kali has traveled with us to NJ, DE, PA, MA, VT, CT, RI and ME. She has also been to the summit of several of the White Mountains. She loves to go. If she thinks she's going hiking, she acts like an incorrigible brat. laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud Once she's in the car, she a perfect lady and a great travel buddy.
[notify]
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '12 10:40pm PST 
I'm not sure what the coolest place was... Ginger went to the Adirondacks, to the peak of Whiteface Mountain (well, we drove most of the way, only hiking at the top) and to the Smokey Mountains... She got to swim in the ocean at a beach in Maine, went to Niagara Falls, New York City and Mammoth Cave- but only the mouth of the cave as they didn't allow dogs inside. She also went to the House of Blues (here in Chicago) once, they did a fundraiser party there for pets affected by Hurricane Katrina, at the Kaz Bar. We had stayed in Maine, New York, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa, Kentucky, Tennessee, Pennsylvania...I'm not counting states we just drove through to get to other states, only places we actually stayed. If it's between Chicago and any of those places we also drove through it.

If you look at Ginger's Dogster page and photobook pages you can see photos from some of the places, or on her webpage: http://www.chicagocanine.com/ginger/
(in the "Golden News" section there are links to photos from different trips)laugh out loud

Edited by author Sat Aug 4, '12 10:45pm PST

[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '12 10:41pm PST 
Bianca has not been a lot of places with me since several of our last few summer vacations were to the same place (Wisconsin Dells) although she did travel with her previous owner quite a lot, too (they worked for an airline so she did a lot of plane travel).
We did get to go to the St Louis arch, and the AKC Museum of the Dog was pretty cool. I thought it was great that they allowed dogs in it. I think there are some photos from there on her Dogster page or photobook.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '12 7:55am PST 
We just got back from Lake Winnipesaukee NH, which is our coolest place so far. Lucille was out on the boat with us and she absolutely loved it. She only got a little whiney when we slowed down, it turns out she would rather go fast! That makes the breeze whip threw her hair and all those smells move at her! She even liked the serious waves (more so than I did! ha.) That was the biggest body of water I've had her out on so far. We went out on three other lakes in NH and each time she got the PFD on and got to the dock you could tell she was happy to be going back out.

Only one tricky episode came when she saw a loon up close to the boat and wanted to go for it. 'leave it' and a treat helped us get over that quickly (thank goodness).

We camped all week and Lu did really well. I'll get around to putting some pics up soon. big grin
[notify]
Beanster, CD, RN, CGC

We don't - doodle!!!

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '12 5:00pm PST 
My dogs are pretty well traveled between dog shows and just plain old road trips. They've been to Florida quite a few times, Beanie has done Austin, TX, North Carolina and White Mtn. camping every Summer (since we live here, BOL!), plus numerous other weekend trips and Toto's been to Denver, Florida, back to visit Kansas, his home state, and to Wisconsin, plus numerous camping trips as well. We do monthly trips to the Ocean starting in January until Memorial day (only time the dogs are allowed on the beaches!)
This Winter we want to do Myrtle Beach!
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Tue Aug 7, '12 10:07am PST 
I really want to do a beach with Kashmir and the Bf. Its hard with my full time job to find to the time. We do little day trips to the beach about 45 mins away but i want to camp and stay there for the weekend.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2