GO!

Anyone familiar with the XB?

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

Belgian

I am the- Chocolate boy!

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 3:59pm PST 
We have been looking at trading in one of our wranglers for a scion XB. I know it is not the most attractive vehicle but it seems like it has a lot of room which is what I am looking for. Belgian loves going in the car but with his hips the way they are and him being 10, it is getting harder for him to jump inside the Wrangler and there is no way we would even try to transport him in the Excursion. (Ours is lifted and getting him up there involves a couple people to take him in and out).

I need something that I can rely on for an everyday vehicle and is easy on the gas given that I will be driving it out of town and on freeways a lot. I like the fact that the XB is a small car that is more like a SUV (if that makes sense). I have looked on various forums and have seen that many people love theirs however, I have not heard many dog people talking about their own experiences with it.

Pictures are always welcome too!

smile Thanks in advance!
[notify]
Radley

Im a lean, mean,- cuddling machine

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 9:33pm PST 
I have a 2010 xb and I love it. We just traded our Tacoma in for it a few months ago. The Tacoma just didn't have enough space for all 6 dogs and gas was getting really pricey. It rides nice, but is loud at higher speeds. However that is my only complaint about it. Basically I fold down the back seats and my dogs get the whole back area to themselves, also it's not a very far jump to get into it. The xb is great for all my dogs and for my pocket book. smile. I've saved so much in gas already!
[notify]
Radley

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 9:42pm PST 
Tried to post a pic but having technical difficulties.
confused

Edited by author Wed Jul 11, '12 9:46pm PST

[notify]

Belgian

I am the- Chocolate boy!

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 10:15pm PST 
I have heard the complaints about it being loud which I don't think will bug me as our excursion is pretty loud and we drive cross country in that. I also have read that it is uncomfortable for longer trips (oddly enough, I have heard that it is a comfortable ride as well.) But those are the only complaints I have found.

Belgian usually is seat belted or crated in the car (for his safety and ours. TC is always crated but I worry less about her since she is a small dog.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Fri Jul 13, '12 4:23am PST 
A friend of mine recently bought a 06 XB and it doesnt feel very well made. It feels like if it were to crash it wouldnt be very safe.
[notify]
Radley

Barked: Fri Jul 13, '12 1:02pm PST 
Yeah my mom has a 05 and it's really cheap looking, but the newer years like my 2010 are a lot more upgraded. Mine has side air bags, front air bags, ya know all that jazz. The longest trip I've taken in mine was 6 hours, it was uncomfortable towards the end, but I'm also recovering from a broken femur so I get uncomfortable easily. No one else complained about being uncomfortable.
[notify]
Belgian

I am the- Chocolate boy!

Barked: Fri Jul 13, '12 1:53pm PST 
I was told that if we got one to go with 06 or up as they have the higher safety ratings. I think anyone would be uncomfortable after driving for six hours though ha ha.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. smile
[notify]