GO!

Rant Rant Rant!!

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Tiaki CGC- SD

I am a Pringles- pilfering pup!!

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '12 1:43pm PST 
To the person who called & left a message on my phone that my dog barked at you when you passed my car & told you that she was hot & wanted water: 1. Unless you are totally deaf, or a complete moron, you would have noticed my engine running. Now a reasonable person would assume that a car idling in the summer has the a/c on. Had you bothered to actually check on the well being of my dogs instead of jumping to the conclusion that I am stupid enough to leave my dogs locked in a car in temperatures exceeding 97 degrees, you would have checked the cracked windows & felt the very cold air coming out of them. You also would have seen the water that they have free access to. 2. If you can understand what a dog's bark means you should either be examined by a mental health professional or join the circus.
[notify]
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '12 3:18pm PST 
lol @ #2
...but how did they get your number?thinking You should leave them that message if you have their number on your phone. smile
[notify]
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '12 4:28pm PST 
Well, to be honest, i'd be happy they was even concerned enough to bother to check if your dogs were alright.

Edited by author Sat Jun 30, '12 4:29pm PST

[notify]

Tiaki CGC- SD

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '12 5:25pm PST 
@ Missy, it was to tone of his voice that irritated me.

@ Twisted, I own a pet service so my number & website are on the back of my car. I did leave him a message back & said " thank you for your concern for my dogs but the engine was running, the air was on full & they had free access to water.". We'll see if he has the guts to call me back lol
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '12 6:22pm PST 
Tia if he is that fluent in dog there are several people I know that would want to talk to him and I'm sure there are also a number of Dogsters with sick or problem pups here who would be happy to have him interpret what is wrong so that they can fix it. Otherwise,he could be a danger to himself and others if he has dogs telling him to do things. There was afterall a previous case of a serial killer taking his orders from a dog.

So sorry that someone too worried about talking to your dog,failed to notice that you had provided for them and was so rude to you.
[notify]
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 11:41am PST 
Huh, they could take the time to get your number off your car, but not to really take a closer look at the dogs? It's not that hard to figure out if a dog is really in distress or not, so I would not rely on his dog whisperer skills...smile

I agree it is good to be concerned about dogs in cars; but I think some people are taking things too far when they see them in there, they don't stop to consider that precautions were made to protect and instead assume they are in danger. Perhaps all the horror stories of dogs dying in hot cars have made many people think that it is never safe to leave a dog in a car. shrug

Edited by author Sun Jul 1, '12 11:43am PST

[notify]
Tiaki CGC- SD

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 12:40pm PST 
My mom laughs that I look after my dogs &horse better than I look after myself lol. It's probably true though. The pups even have a portable air conditioner (the KoolerAire) that I usually have on in the back of the car.

I've had people ask me before about the dogs in the car (like in a store or at the air cargo where they can see the dogs in the car, but can't tell the engine is on). I don't mind friendly inquiries. And I'm really surprised that this is the first time I've gotten a call, considering all the "up-in-your-business" people that live in this area, but I guess they were smart enough to realize that the car was running & the air was on. There were two dogs a few years ago, one was a drug sniffing dog I think & the other a police dog that died from being left in cars in the summer. You'd think of all people that those with specially trained dogs would know better.

My mom commented the other day that I'm gonna get a ticket one day for leaving the car on (UT just adopted an anti-idling law). I countered that I doubt a cop would ever ticket me for idling when they realize there are dogs in the car.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 7:35am PST 
Im sorry that happened to you. People really do jump to conlusions when they see a dog in the car. And when your dogs barked at them, im sure they wouldnt go anywhere near my car. Kashmir wont let anybody come near the car when shes in it or she will go nuts and bark at them. The dogs were probably trying to protect the car would be my guess.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 8:32am PST 
I would be happy somebody cared. You're breaking the law by idling, and have the windows open..which reduces the effect of the air conditioning. What if the ac stops? Why not set a good example for other people & leave dogs at home if you have to stop at a store. I would not want to know my dog walker will leave my dog in a car on a hot summer day...ac or not. Plus the attitude that because you have dogs makes you somehow above the law is rather off-putting. Just my 2 cents here.
[notify]
Maggie

a dog wagging- view of the- world

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 9:11am PST 
Glad that you left them a message. It drives me crazy, when I find people fluent in "dog speak"
I was once told that my dog did not like her collar and would prefer a harness...
I own a beagle, and a harness is not the best thing for this breed.
I have also at restaurants been told that my dog would like some food... again in total awe how they can understand my dogs deepest needs and wants.
Considering they know nothing about you, or your relationship with your pet.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2