GO!

Best way to deal with travel anxiety and carsickness?

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Calamity- Jane

Barked: Wed Jul 4, '12 7:10am PST 
Jane hasn't been sick for a while, so I think it was just a mixture between heat and motion. Heat isn't a problem anymore since we've gotten the air conditioning fixed, and she's gotten used to the motion of the car somewhat. We got some calming treats in hopes of easing some of her anxiety some while she gets used to the car. But, I'm getting very frustrated. She hasn't been able to get out as often as I would like for a number of reasons. We only have one car that is always having problems, I can't drive her myself, and my family is not being cooperative with her training.
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '12 10:26am PST 
My 3 year old 12 pound dog used to get car sick but I just kept taking her with me places and after a few months it went away. Now she loves the car. I now have a 6 month old puppy that is 63 pounds and is very anxious and her mouth starts watering and will throw up if it is more than 20 minutes. Small dog puke ok, big dog puke not ok. So, I now give her 5 ginger cookies 15 minutes before leaving, (but not around meal time) which has helped a lot. From what I have read the more short car rides to fun places will get her over it hopefully soon. red facesilenced
[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '12 5:38pm PST 
Both Jax and Koby used to get car sick. I started taking them to really fun places. Usually a short ride somewhere that they love/loved. After a while I could make the rides longer and they eventually grew out of it.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2