GO!

Harness and Tether*** Question about being restrained in the car

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '12 1:25pm PST 
Hello,

Mr. Beagle has a Kong Chest Harness and its red and its 'awesome'. But I've learned that only some harnesses are actually crash tested. I was looking into getting him the Kurgo chest harness for the car since I have heard it's been crash tested. Is that true? Does anyone know? I also was looking into the zip line/tether they offer for the back seat. I'm getting ready to get a new car and was considering moving up to a cross over from my compact to give jake some leg room and in the future i want to have larger dogs.

Can anyone tell me what other chest harnesses are crash tested? Or if tethers are just as safe as being restrained to a seat or have negatable differences?

thanks,

Jake's mom.
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '12 2:28pm PST 
The Kurgo Tru-Fit is crash tested, as well as the Snoozer and PetBuckle. We have the Snoozer for the smaller dogs and the PetBuckle for the big dogs.

We also have the Kurgo auto zip-line and like it very much!
[notify]
Bingley,- Emmett &- Martika

Little Ewoks

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '12 4:11pm PST 
Also the Ruff Rider Roadie has been tested. That's what I just got my three (had the snoozer, and really liked it, but it was like putting a hot sweater on the dogs in summer, too much for short faced dogs). I worried because I read reviews about it being so hard to put on, but I haven't had any trouble with it, and really like it so far.
[notify]

Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Mon Apr 9, '12 8:01pm PST 
The ones I know of that are crash tested and/or strength rated are:
Petbuckle, Champion seatbelt, Roadie, Kurgo Trufit, Bergan and Snoozer seatbelt harness.

All my dogs have had the Champion seatbelt, but I am looking to get a Kurgo for my cat because she gets carsick if I put her in a carrier so I've been using a dog booster seat in the car instead with a regular harness. I'd like a seatbelt harness instead for safety but the Kurgo is the only one I've found that seems to have sizes of seatbelt harnesses small enough to fit her (she's a small cat) and that would be shaped in a way that would work for a cat too.

I used to have a Roadie harness too for Ginger, but I found it difficult to put on and off and didn't like the fit so I didn't really use it much.

Edited by author Mon Apr 9, '12 8:01pm PST

[notify]