GO!

Bed or mat for car?

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 11:58am PST 
Hey I'm looking for a bed/mat that works well in a car (minvan really). I want something that is easy to clean, and is comfortable/cushioning. Preferably with a waterproof bottom. My minivan has some attachment point on the floor which are not comfortable for a dog to lie on so I need a bed that will cushion the dog from feeling those.
[notify]
MT TOP's- Secret- Agent,- C.G.C.

R.I.P. Kahaus

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 2:29am PST 
Blankets make good car beds. I'd go to your local Goodwill and buy a comforter and fold it over a couple of times. Cheap and easy. If the bottom needs to be waterproof, you can always lay something else down underneath.
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 9:01am PST 
Have you considered a mattress topper? You can cut a twin size to fit the space (or not), and roll it up/tie it when not in use. We used an old crib mattress for my Dane mix - it was a perfect fit for the back of my SUV, and sheets/covers were cheap, easy to clean, and readily available.
[notify]

Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 1:37pm PST 
I bought a 3 inch foam pad...covered it with a water proof cover then covered that with a canvas like material...that I can take off easily to wash.

Hiking brings wet, muddy, dirty, twiggy...sometimes stinky debris into the dog-mobile and this has helped a lot in making clean up easier. Plus, I have a Honda Element...very easy clean!

My dogs love it...which is the most important thing.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 3:37pm PST 
I'm looking for something that will look nice and be easy to clean and waterproof, so I don't think a blanket will cut it.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 4:27pm PST 
How about a crib mattress. You can put on a waterproof pad and it should be pretty comfy! way to gobig grin
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 5:54pm PST 
I got ours at Petsmart, it's a cargo cover type thing and has velcro to attach to the car. It's lightly padded and super easy to take out and just throw in the wash. Wasn't too pricey either. If you hit it right I've also seen the Kurgo ones at TJ Maxx/Home Goods.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 6:44pm PST 
Thanks for the suggestions!
I actually have been wanting to go to Home Goods anyway (for pet stuff of course wink ) so I guess I will check there first! Thanks Tanuk!
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 10:12pm PST 
We have the Mt. Bachelor's Pad from Ruffwear for the car or on public transit. It's easy to transport, I think water-repellant on the bottom, and comfy.. smile
[notify]

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 11:10pm PST 
Thanks Lilith, one of the things I was considering was the Ruffwear "Flophouse" bed/mat. I've been trying to see if any stores carry it locally though so I can check it out "in person".
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2