GO!

Kia Soul owners......

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Grunt CGC

WWGD or What- Would Grunt Do?

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 5:13pm PST 
Not really looking for flashy thinking I must be getting old I want the eco side of it, ie., gas mileage, durability, room to fit, etc..
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 5:53pm PST 
Ha, by flash I meant fancier equipment. For the same money on the Kia you have a loaded vehicle vs. the base model Subaru (or it was when I was fiddling two years ago). Really there is more bang for your buck elsewhere if you don't need AWD. I love mine but since I moved here it's nice to drive the Toyota which is like 32mpg since I don't need the AWD right now. I still use it for dog-stuff since it's a better dog vehicle but there are other models with more cargo room for the dogs and with a better pricetag.

If you want to go bigger Subaru has some efficiency engines (PRZ I think) on the Forester but I don't believe it's an option on the Imprezas. I have the auto and I average about 26mpg and my driving is half highway half city-type. A friend has the sedan manual and he gets 30ish.
[notify]
Dino

Buddha Dog

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 7:10pm PST 
Hello! I bought a 2012 Soul two months ago and love it! Today I got nearly 33 MPG on the highway. It is a very comfortable car and holds lots of stuff -- I'm a video journalist so I carry tripods, cameras and lots of equipment. The back seats do fold flat but you need a special divider/cover -- although the divider/cover might come with the loaded models (I got the basic Soul).

I don't have a large dog (17 pounds) but the backseat is large enough for his plush carseat and a bunch of other bags/items.

Edited by author Fri Jan 27, '12 7:13pm PST

[notify]

Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Sat Jan 28, '12 12:13pm PST 
If we had more than just Chance, we would have had to go for something bigger than a Soul. Or if all wheel drive was important but we have a Jeep for that kind of stuff!!!

Subaru's are good vehicles!
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 8:29am PST 
My previous car was a turbo Subaru Outback which I really liked, but I prefer my Forester (not a turbo) - there's more cargo room for crates and more headroom for dogs and passengers. I will caution you about the turbo models though - the increased horsepower requires premium gasoline and reduces gas mileage.
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 6:53pm PST 
You might also want to look at the Mazda3 hatchback, it's roomier than the Soul, but not as roomy as the Outback. Very peppy, but lots of road noise. Also, a Toyota Rav4 would work very well for you too, it's what I had previously. The newer models have quite a bit of cargo room, and the seats do fold flat and it's positively cavernous then. Gas mileage is comparable to our Outbacks. I got 31mpg driving down to Orlando in mine.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Sat Feb 4, '12 8:49pm PST 
The one reason for getting my 02 Ford Escape was for the dogs. laugh out loud I was always carting Kashmir and then all my friends dogs and then to the beach. We had 3 total and then 3 people and it was still a snug fit. I ended up trading it in for a 07 Pontiac G6 which i love now. Kashmir grew up in a car and not a suv so trading it in was no big deal for me. But for the dogs i loved my Escape.
[notify]
Cyto

Who?? ME???? - Nahhhh....

Barked: Mon Feb 6, '12 3:11pm PST 
I don't have the soul, but I do have the Rio 5; it's the hatchback and wonderful with the dogs. Cyto loves it in the very back, the trunk so to speak, and will go back there whether it's a full car or just him and I going for a drive. He goes back all on his own, he loves it! It's very convenient too, when we go places and it' sjust him and I, I fold the back seats down and he runs straight to the back of the car and hops up and down until I open the "trunk" door and he hops in like a rabbit and lays on his blanket immediately.

I'm from Canada, so I don't work in miles or gallons, but a full tank of gas will last me 500 - 550km. I live 40 mins from work and driving 80 mins a day 5 days a week, a tank of gas lasts me all week. They are pretty amazing on fuel, and costs here less than $50/tank. My tank is 40 liters...the best part is when the gas light comes on, you still have about 60km of driving before you'd actually run out of gas. it's a great buy, and yes, very cheap smile
[notify]
Grunt CGC

WWGD or What- Would Grunt Do?

Barked: Mon Feb 6, '12 6:14pm PST 
Thanks for all of the responses. I've currently got a Ford Explorer, loads of room, just not the gas mileage I want.
Thanks again! big hug
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2