GO!

Kia Soul owners......

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Grunt CGC

WWGD or What- Would Grunt Do?

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 5:09pm PST 
I'm looking at getting one - the gas mileage and warranty are amazing! But, do the back seats fold flat? Tell me about them and your dogster travels... flowers
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 6:10pm PST 
Hello Grunt,

I do not own a Kia Soul but I do own an 09 Kia Rio. And those seats fold forward. in the backseat. Kia is a great company if your looking for a nicely priced car with a killer warranty. Not to mention resale value is amazing due to the MPGs. My friend did rent a kia when his car was in the shop and it was nice. I ended up picking my Kia rio over the first generation Soul because the compact model drove a little better to me. ANd i've taken it everywhere. It's a good little car.

Good luck with your car purchase.
[notify]
Grunt CGC

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 6:21pm PST 
Thanks Jake! I put on a ton of miles and I'm really diggin the warranty. I've got an Explorer now and the gas is killing me! I just want enough room for the pups and us so we can bee-bop down the road!
hamster danceblue dog
[notify]

Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 8:45pm PST 
I have a 2011 Soul+.
The seats do fold flat if the front seats are far enough forward.
But if you find you need more leg room and want the back seat flat, the back seat head rests come completely off.
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 1:26pm PST 
Wanted to add the best gas mileage I've gotten has been 28 mpg. and that was 2 trips out to the coast. I average 23 - 24 mpg. combined, heavy on the in town driving.

The car I traded in got around 40 mpg. so I don't love that part of the trade!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 5:46pm PST 
Not a Kia but a Hyundai... Elantra.., and we get 30 + to the gallon and have amazing warrentees......
[notify]
Grunt CGC

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 7:48pm PST 
Any gas mileage would be better, mine is averaging 17-18 mpg! naughty Thanks for the input! I'm also looking at Hyundi and Subaru as well! cheer

Edited by author Mon Jan 23, '12 7:48pm PST

[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 9:21am PST 
We have two Subies and wouldn't trade them for the world. They are hands down the best kid and dog transporters. We have Outbacks and I get 30mpg highway and about 25mpg in the city traffic to and from work. Plus this car is huge for the mileage. Your two would fit in the cargo without the seats down, Tanuk and Glacier fit back there fine, though I put the seats down for extended trips. With the seats down we can fit a full size mattress in the back of our older model Outback, and the new model has even more room. I can comfortably fit two adults, three dogs, and two cats with carriers in the cars no problem. Plus there are tons of cup holders, storage cubbies, tie downs, etc. My husband's '99 Outback has close to 300,000 miles and still going strong.
[notify]
Grunt CGC

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 12:08pm PST 
Thanks Tanuk! We looked at the Soul. Darcy's crate would fit no problem, but I'm not sure Grunt will fit comfortably when he finishes filling out.. thinking Maybe we'll look at the Subaru next...way to go
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 4:40pm PST 
I've got a 2011 Subaru Impreza sportwagon (Hatch). I got it because:
1) AWD was important to me
2) They retain their value extremely well
3) They're really difficult to kill.
4) I just wanted a hatch for dogs and moving etc.

If I were looking for more flash for my buck, if I wasn't a Subaru fanperson or if I didn't need AWD I'd pick something else. The AWD adds weight which decreases gas mileage. I was extremely close to getting a Mazda3 (more cargo room and peppier to drive). That being said, with a Subaru you're looking at a more expensive car to begin with but their base models are very well equipped. I love my a ridiculous degree and yes the seats in the rear fold flat. I can fit two crates 32'(3 if I'm creative and remove everything else from the back). You'll also want to get a liner or a seat cover if you're going to let the dogs in since the seats hold on to everything and are difficult to get clean without a lint-roller/slicker block.

Edited by author Fri Jan 27, '12 4:42pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2