GO!

International Pet Shippers

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

Ginger's- Suna Arashi

I'm Heading to- Okinawa, Japan!

Barked: Wed Jan 11, '12 8:54pm PST 
Anyone ever use a shipping company to get their pet to them?

As explained in a previous post, my husband and I are moving to Japan this summer. I'm afraid that the temperature in Detroit (where we're leaving from), the stop on the way across, and Seattle (where we're departing the country from) will be too hot for our dog and cat to be on the plane with us. They need to be sent via baggage because both are too big to fit in the cabin with us.

We're considering leaving the two of them behind and contracting a company to send them to us at a later date. However, I don't know any good pet shipping companies that I can trust.

Any suggestions from those of you out there that have used a company? Or do you suggest we just bring them with us and try to book really early or really late flights?

Thanks!
[notify]
Mikey

You know you- want to pet me

Barked: Thu Jan 12, '12 7:51am PST 
Start googling animal/pet shipping. See what comes up, make some phone calls.
There's Pet Airways. I don't know if they fly out of the country, but if they don't I'm sure they have a recommendation.
There's Worldwide Animal Travel. Try contacting them.
[notify]
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 8:02pm PST 
Be ready for sticker shock. I was quoted $5K for them to get Bretta to Korea back in 2008. Instead, I booked her as checked baggage and walked into the airport with both her, Scooter, and a cart loaded over head high. Since it was February, we had the opposite problem... it was 22 when we checked in; 20 is the cut off.

Last I looked, Pet Airways and the like do NOT ship to Asia.
[notify]