GO!

NEED HELPPP! with care for my dog in an apartment

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

Caleb

Duck Chaser

Barked: Mon Aug 8, '11 7:23am PST 
Ok so im going to college in downtown nyc and I live on long Island New York. I was thinking about commuting there everyday but now I'm thinking about living with my aunt at the Bronx. She has a big apartment with a water view and a huge park right up the road and my commute to school would be a lot easier. The only thing is i want my dog to come along because I would see him a lot more and i would never be able to leave him behind. It would only be 4 months the first semester and a month off which i would then move back at home. ALso on friday through sunday my aunt goes to long island so i would come along to go back home. Along with that I dont have classes tuesdays. I am not worried about house training him because he is very good at letting me know when he has to go and he never does has done his buisness through the middle of the night or in the house. I just need ideas on how to care for a dog in an apartment
[notify]
H, my angel- in heaven.

Barked: Wed Aug 10, '11 12:14pm PST 
I'm not exactly sure what sort of advice you're looking for?
I live in an apartment building in Chicago with my dog. The only difference between it and living in a house is I don't have a backyard to send my dog out to potty or run around. We have to take an elevator downstairs and go out on a leash.
[notify]
Min

pink min (pink- pen)

Barked: Wed Aug 10, '11 2:44pm PST 
walk your dog regularly. keep pepper spray on you. i'm boricua and i frequented the bronx(freeman st.) to visit my papi, there are a lot of stray dogs and mean dogs. with a breed like yours he needs lots of exercise and mental stimulation too. when you are working leave him with a treat like a bully stick or you can fill a kong full of peanut butter or other stuff. always rememeber to take him out as sOON as you come home, remember he's been holding it.

make sure he gets time to play with other dogs too. my main concern is all of the satos running loose,be careful.
[notify]

Caleb

Duck Chaser

Barked: Thu Aug 18, '11 6:05pm PST 
yea im moving to throgsneck bronx its not bad over there
[notify]