GO!

Traveling Fun?

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 27)  
1  2  3  
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Fri Aug 12, '11 10:10am PST 
Wow, Jewel can go into the library? Bailey and I were there this week for the reading program. We always get friendly greetings all the way to the children's area. This time I had to stop at the service desk on the way out and the lady working there immediately got on me about Bailey being with me. As soon as I mentioned that he's a therapy dog there for Waggin' Tales she calmed down and started going on and on about how well behaved he is.

We go to Petsmart/Petco, etc., Home Depot/Lowe's, outdoor restaurants, city and state parks, dog events, local festivals. There are a few sporting goods stores that are dog friendly. I've carried Saige through Best Buy (they were ok with her being there provided she didn't pee on anything). I decided to keep her in my arms to ease their fears. We're not super dog friendly around here, but not totally unfriendly either.

Edited for formatting.

Edited by author Fri Aug 12, '11 10:10am PST

[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Fri Aug 12, '11 3:32pm PST 
Unfortunately the Lowes and Home Depot around here don't allow dogs frownrnrnI forgot to add one to my other post-- outdoor movies!rnThe park districts have these "Movies in the Park" throughout the summer where they show different movies at different parks around the city, and I love to go with my dogs.
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Sun Aug 14, '11 10:56am PST 
Ty reminded me, we take Tanuk to bars and pubs as well. Most allow dogs seeing as they don't actually serve any foods. We'll eat in the outdoor area at a lot of restaurants too.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Aug 14, '11 1:49pm PST 
A lot of "outdoor" responses. Bars allow dogs? That's kind of strange? laugh out loud Everyone needs a sober buddy? big laugh

I'm glad to hear the responses, a lot of same things but I'm sure are different areas, this is good to hear! Maybe I'll be able to pull some of those off too.shrug
[notify]
Quincy- FM TFE-II- TDIAOV CGC

I have just met- you and I LOVE- you!

Barked: Sun Aug 14, '11 5:28pm PST 
Well, when Quincy was s ervice dog pup, he went everywhere wink But now, because I have worked with service dogs and really dislike mis-representation he really only goes a couple of places. There a nice restaurant with a great patio that's really welcoming to the dogs as long as they are well behaved. The Bordines plant store here, most of it is greenhouse/outdoors, allows well behaved dogs around, so they've all been there. The petstores, obviously. And he goes to the hospital in our town as a therapy dog, also does a few libraries and the occasional nursing home/assisted living. There's a big mall a little ways from us that is dog-friendly, it's an outdoor mall, Patridge Creek. A lot of the shops have stickers saying they allow dogs. I'm not much of a shopper so I'm not there much, but nice to have the option. Otherwise, he's outside or in the car.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Aug 14, '11 9:59pm PST 
A "dog allowed" sticker?! I have never heard of these before in my life!shock However, I do like to joke when I see a "no dogs allowed" sign as to be a "no GSD allowed" (since most have a GSD outline, or at least that's what I find it looks like...)

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/1913 05/191305,1220283492,2/stock-vector-no-dogs-allowed-vector-signposts -16816171.jpg

Like those!
big laugh
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Aug 16, '11 12:21pm PST 
Bailey - Yeah it's actally getting a little out of control at the library now. Last time I went in one librarian come out from the back to help me at the desk and not even two minutes later a second librarian came out to fuss over Jewel. laugh out loud

It's to the point where they don't even say hi to me anymore, they say Hi to Jewel. I get heck if I go there without her, like seriously I can't even stop in there on the way home from the grocery store anymore because it's all "where's Jewel? Why didn't you bring Jewel? Awwe, is Jewel home all alone?" shrug
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 27)  
1  2  3