GO!

Dog Friendly Hotels

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sawyer

king of the- castle

Barked: Sat Aug 6, '11 6:52pm PST 
I have recently decided to go back to college, and I'm going for hotel management. My long term goal is to have a pet friendly hotel, that is not only pet friendly but caters to pets. Like provides a dog park area, cots for beds, and such... does anyone know if anything like this already exist? I'm really excited about this and i'm hoping i'm the first one to think of this lol. I love my dog, and would just love for their to be a hotel that people really love bringing their dogs to. i know they have pet friendly hotels, and i've taken sawyer to them.. but he still doesn't seem as welcomed as i would like him to be. what do ya'll think?
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Sat Aug 6, '11 9:33pm PST 
The Monaco Hotel in Portland, OR has a Director of Pet Relations, a dog named Timmy. He has a bed in the lobby and is the official greeter.

They also sell a pet package that includes a gift certificate to a pet boutique, light rail passes and maps to dog-friendly brew pubs, etc.

Every dog guest gets:
- His/her name on the Pet Welcome Board
- Bowl
- Bowl mat
- Dog bed
- Bottle of water
- Treats
- Waste bag

Services include:
- Dog walking
- Pet masseuse
- Pet psychic

There is no pet fee, no pet deposit, no weight/size restrictions, no limit on number of pets.
[notify]
Sophie

A Princess ;)

Barked: Sun Aug 7, '11 2:20pm PST 
The Argonaut in San Fransisco does. I believe some high end hotels (like the Ritz) do it too, in certain locations.
[notify]

Molly

Yes I do have to- wag with my- whole body

Barked: Sun Aug 7, '11 11:10pm PST 
Here in Florida although there are no specific provisions for pets most dogs are allowed with a fee. Most of the higher end hotels cater to pets better than some of the smaller ones. You can get almost any hotel to be pet friendly in a tourist area or state.
[notify]
Harlow

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Mon Aug 8, '11 6:11am PST 
LaQuinta all allows pets, the only one of the chain hotels that I know of that has no pet deposit, no matter the size. We always stay there when we travel will the dogs, extremely pet friendly
[notify]
Otto - Registered- Service Dog

ADI cert. - the only one- that matters!

Barked: Mon Aug 8, '11 8:32am PST 
We just spent a few nights at a country manor B&B in Wales, UK. When we were shown to our room, they had provided a bed, bowls, homemade treats, a towel (lots of rain) and bottled water for Otto.happy dance The treats, towel and water were replaced each morning.

We all had a great time!way to go

Edited for spelling.red face

Edited by author Mon Aug 8, '11 8:35am PST

[notify]
Otto - Registered- Service Dog

ADI cert. - the only one- that matters!

Barked: Mon Aug 8, '11 8:35am PST 
We just spent a few nights at a country manor B&B in Wales, UK. When we were shown to our room, they had provided a bed for Otto, bowls, homemade treats, a towel (lots of rain) and bottled water.happy dance The treats, towel and water were replaced each morning.

We all had a great time!way to go
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Mon Aug 8, '11 12:36pm PST 
This would be a place I would feel good about vacationing at, not just stopping for a night - it's as much about the pets as it is about the people big grin

Is this what you had in mind? wink

http://www.cypresscreekcottages.org/
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Mon Aug 8, '11 12:56pm PST 
Titus, We want to go there! Looks like a super nice place. Just one teeny problem, Texas has had more than 38 days straight with over 100 degree temps according to the news this morning. I should plan to visit in winter, BOL!big grin
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Aug 8, '11 3:36pm PST 
In the NC mountains there are actually a couple of dog vacation resorts where you stay in dog friendly cabins, friendly dogs can be off leash on their acerage property, they have a swimming hole for dogs, a dog walker if needed, etc.

So, to answer your question yes, these places do exist. However, they aren't super common, and for the average traveler most are way out of budget. So, a family budget friendly hotel that caters to dogs? That'd be awesome.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2