GO!

Anyone flown with a 15lb mini schnauzer or similar?

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Dozer ~ CGC

Life is about- clicking and- sleeping

Barked: Sun Jul 31, '11 2:30pm PST 
I don't want to be the one at the end of the flight holding the empty leash.

I won't risk it with *my* dog. If I did ever fly with Dozer, and I was turned away, I would drive instead. Driving would proably be my first choise, actually.
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Mon Aug 1, '11 11:01am PST 
"I've shipped over 200 dogs and puppies through the years with NO problems. If you read the airline animal incident reports 95% of the time something happens, the owner is 50% or more at fault either by shipping sick/diseased/aged animals or by not having the animal acclimated to the crate."

Agreed.
[notify]
Scraps

Play with me!!!

Barked: Tue Aug 2, '11 1:41pm PST 
You should take a look at Sherpa bags. They are airline approved soft sided carriers and probably the most popular in-cabin travel carrier (they also come in multiple sizes, so you can choose the one large enough to meet your dogs needs). I think Delta and American Airlines also make their own line of soft sided carriers.

I agree that slightly cramped is much better than cargo. Too many risks with cargo. I have heard and read one too many stories of pets getting lost, injured, or even died.

Let me know what you decide and how it goes!

Edited by author Tue Aug 2, '11 1:44pm PST

[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2