GO!

ORANGE COUNTY!!

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

Tyson Savage- CGC

Let's do big dog- stuff!

Barked: Fri Jul 15, '11 6:07pm PST 
Hey any Dogsters out there live in Newport Beach? We are moving there and I know nothing about what my doggies and I can do! I've been looking stuff up but I'd love to make connections, know good parks, find the best vet, etc...
[notify]
Pookie

plush destroyer

Barked: Sun Jul 17, '11 4:15pm PST 
I was born & raised in the O.C! You must go to Fashion Island! It's in Newport Beach and is a dog-friendly mall. When I lived there I would go out of my way to visit Fashion Island, a 20 minute drive, instead of Westminster Mall that was 5 minutes away because I wanted to take Pookie. laugh out loud Also, visit the Huntington Beach dog beach if he loves water. As far as dog parks are concerned the only one I went to on a regular basis was the Garden Grove dog park because it is all grass. Oh, and my most favorite feed store is Anaheim Feed. A bit of a drive, especially since you're in Newport, but it was worth it IMO.

I live in AZ right now and I miss Southern CA terribly. cry So jealous you're going to be living in NB!
[notify]
❤ Sadie- ❤

Miss Sadie the- Trouble Maker

Barked: Sun Jul 17, '11 9:16pm PST 
You'll LOVE the area. We are about 20-30 min away so we frequent quite often especially with the fashion island mall, Dog friendly and lots of stores. I haven't ever lived there so I can't give you much references. Hunington beach is awesome too. Been there once and had a blast. And the weather is oh so fabulous. In the middle of summer it was 80 degrees all last week I heard. Quite fabulous smile and you won't really have tk worry about completely freezing in the winter. I LOVE OC weather laugh out loud
[notify]

Murphy

Dogs are angels- with fur!

Barked: Tue Jul 19, '11 3:00pm PST 
Hi, Murphy and I live in South O.C. but know Newport very well. There is another great outdoor mall called the Irvine Spectrum you can take your dogs to, Irvine is right next to NB going South. There is a great Dog Beach in Huntington that allows dogs off leash. There are dog parks in Irvine, and Laguna Beach all not far from NB. There are great hiking trails all over Orange County also just google when you get here and you can find a lot of info on what to do with your dog. Have a great time and welcome to the OC!
[notify]
Jynx

will work for- frisbees!

Barked: Wed Aug 3, '11 1:51pm PST 
Huntington Dog Beach!!! And there are lots of nice trails in socal smile
[notify]