GO!

seat covers

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Maggie NAC- WV-N TN-N- CTL-3 RE

Tunnel Suckin'

Barked: Sat Jun 25, '11 10:08pm PST 
I had struggles with this dilemma as well. I got a car with leather seats (bleck!) and had to find something to cover the back seats for the dogs. I ended up with some cheapy back seat covers that still allow me to fold me seats in the 60/40 split. I did have to put down the non-skid stuff to keep the fabric from sliding all over the seat still.

I really want to get a nice back seat cover though, but I cannot go hammock style as I do put people in the back seat on a regular basis...plus most of the ones I have seen don't allow seat belts which I need for the puppers.

*watches*
[notify]
Hazel

Noise Police

Barked: Sun Jun 26, '11 7:04pm PST 
Maggie, I think the Outward Hound hammock that I wrote about will work for you. It's hard to describe ... basically it is two pieces that attach via velcro all the way across. This means you can un-velcro half of it so you can sit in the back seat and put your feet down. As I mentioned, it also has velcro hole openings to access seatbelts.
I wasn't planning on being able to have people back there with the hammock when I bought it, but was pleasantly surprised by this feature once I received it.
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Mon Jun 27, '11 12:34am PST 
I bought a seat cover recently, it is a Kurgo Wander Hammock and it has the ability to be used as a hammock or a regular seat cover, or you can split it so half is a hammock and half a regular cover. I like that because I have a minivan, my dog sits in the rear seat and I generally only have one middle seat in the car so this way I can still have the part that has a seat in front of it as a hammock, and can also have people ride too.
[notify]

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Mon Jun 27, '11 12:35pm PST 
ooo that soggy dog one looks nice!

I'm a bit apprehensive about hammocks because Kato loves putting his feet on the center counsel to watch out the front window.
[notify]
Otto - Registered- Service Dog

ADI cert. - the only one- that matters!

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '11 12:58am PST 
I got custom car seat covers from Costco when I got my new van. They were a bit pricey, but they fit great and I figured it was worth it to retain the value of my van.

Since it's wheelchair accessible, hammocks and other devices weren't an option.

You can check them out on the Costco website - www.Costco.com. They are made out of material similar to wet suits. I thought they woul be hot but they aren't and the dog hair really doesn't stick to it.

Of course, you do have to be a Costco member and, since they are custom to your car, it does take a few weeks to get them. When they first came, they REALLY smelled. This was noted in the reviews. I just took them out of the box and spread them around for a few days before they were put in the car. No problems after that.

It's been a couple of years, the covers still look and fit like new. I recommend them.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2