GO!

I need some advice ( pet friendly motels and hotels)

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kenij

Barked: Fri Apr 8, '11 7:38pm PST 
I'm making a topic here because in june me, my hubby and my (will be) 8 month old Shiba inu puppy will be having to travel across country to Portland OR and I need some advice on hotels that allow pets and which ones do. We can't afford to fly and will be having to drive to get there. If anyone has had experience doing this I would be very grateful for stories and advice.

Kenij's mom.
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Fri Apr 8, '11 7:46pm PST 
This looks like a junk site but its actually great for finding hotels. Just use the drop down menu at the top.

LaQuinta doesn't have any dog restrictions. Some restrict based on weight or number of dogs.

doggy travel
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Apr 8, '11 8:26pm PST 
Bella and Daisy's site "Dog Friendly" above is excellent.. I have used it before...

This site is great too .....

Pets Welcome

also this one

Bring Fido

and this one !

Pet Travel

and if you want to know about Dog parks in areas you travel too....

Dog Parks to be found in the United States.....
[notify]

Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Fri Apr 8, '11 10:20pm PST 
Don't rule out places like bed and breakfasts as well. When we travel from Portland to Montana, we always stay in a uber-nice B&B that is actually cheaper than the chain hotels that allow "big" dogs (Chance is under 55 lbs.)!

Also, some extended stay places allow pets though some of them can have high per night pet fees and most have weight limits that vary. The extended stay place we stay at on the Pdx to Montana trip has a 90 lb. weight limit and pet fees that are what most places seem to charge.

I know this has nothing to do with hotels but here's a nice pet-friendly places, dog parks, events, etc. guide for the Portland metro area.
http://portlandpooch.com
[notify]
Tinker

Villian

Barked: Sat Apr 9, '11 8:28am PST 
We have always had success with Days Inn, they require a nightly pet fee of $10. Like another suggested the extended stay places are pretty good too, Residence Inn has worked with is with no problems. My husband is in the military and when we moved to a new city, very last minute, we had to live in a hotel for 2 weeks before we could find a house to rent. We had 3 dogs and 2 cats...2 of our dogs were very small but we also had 160lb Saint with us!!! We only had to pay a one time fee of $100. Traveling with a pet is not always easy, some hotels do not allow the pet to be alone in the room at all, even if in a crate, and if you want your room cleaned you have to remove the pet. I have never had a problem traveling with all my pets, the hotels have never had a problem.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Apr 9, '11 4:55pm PST 
I travel with at least one dog all the time, usually more than one, and I have NEVER gotten off the highway in a reasonably large area and been refused a motel due to a no pets clause.
That said, Days Inn, Red Roof, Motel Six, Super Eight and other major chains will take them. Some charge a small fee, Days Inn is the highest at $10 so we avoid that, if possible.
Usually the pet fee is less than the senior discount, so it all works out.
Be careful when requesting the room... too many Motels use the smoking rooms as pet rooms. I smoke, but I cannot stand to stay in a smoking room without open windows so we always ask for non-smoking pet rooms and I refain from smoking.

Edited by author Sat Apr 9, '11 4:56pm PST

[notify]
Ginger- M.I.A.

my first and- finest

Barked: Sun Apr 10, '11 10:37pm PST 
the AAA hotel guidebook has pet ratings. I used it a lot on a mini-vacation with my mom and Ginger we took around Oregon. Saved our butts finding places. One was not so good, though... a little tiny B&B, they told us the only pet-friendly room they had was the Honeymoon Suite. (WTF? Who takes their dog on a honeymoon?) It was a teeny town called Halfway, OR, and there was nowhere else within easy driving distance, so we had to take it... it was 150 per night, and they charged 20 for Ginger, and she wasn't even allowed in the main rooms of the B&B. Lame-O... Their breakfast sucked too.
[notify]
Gracie

Tricks ? - You can't be- serious.....

Barked: Mon Apr 11, '11 9:29am PST 
You can also check tripadvisor.com too - found our vacation hotel through BringFido.com - that is a great site!
[notify]
Dexter

Barked: Mon Apr 11, '11 7:54pm PST 
Be sure to come visit us at FIDO Friendly magazine. We are in our 11th year and we travel the country and bring you the best and brightest, Fido on a budget and personally I traveled cross country last year with my pooch. Leave No Dog Behind indeed. Happy Travels.
blog.fidofriendly.com
[notify]
Kenij

Barked: Sun Apr 24, '11 7:21am PST 
thanks guys we are going to be doing the la quinta inn just because mom is military and she gets a discount with her military id. She added it up and it shouldn't cost more that 300 on hotels at the most.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2