GO!

Lightweight Carrier?

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

Barked: Thu Apr 7, '11 10:24am PST 
I am getting a standard poodle next month, so excited! cheer and I need a carrier for him. He will be riding with me multiple times a week, and switching cars. So I have been trying to find a carrier that will be sturdy in case of a car crash, will comfortably fit a standard poodle, but is lightweight so I can easily move it around. Any suggestions?

Edited by author Thu Apr 7, '11 12:59pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Thu Apr 7, '11 12:58pm PST 
Oops silenced I think I posted this in the wrong forum, still getting used to the arrangement here!
[notify]
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Sun Apr 10, '11 12:54am PST 
You posted it in the right spot. way to go

I'd suggest a crash tested brand of canine seat belt harness over a carrier any day. None of the carriers on the market are really guaranteed not to come apart in a crash. There are tons of footage on youtube of what happens to a plastic dog crate (even when it is securely fastened) during a 45mph crash. The dog can still become a projectile.
[notify]