GO!

Dog Carriers For Vespas?

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

Daisy

4 out of 5- dentists- recomend Daisy

Barked: Sat Mar 26, '11 6:57pm PST 
I'm definitely getting a small breed puppy this summer, and I'm thinking about trying to buy a vespa as well. Are there any companies that make dog carriers for vespas? If not, would it be possible to modify a soft - sided dog carrier? What about companies that make trailers or sidecars for vespas? I would preferably like it to go on the side of the vespa or on the handlebars, because I would like to use the rack for carrying other things.
[notify]
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Sat Mar 26, '11 7:14pm PST 
I met a couple who was touring America with their dog on motorcycles- they had a nifty little trailer that the dog's carrier attached to. No idea where they bought it or if they made it themselves. If you're getting a toy-sized dog, you could probably modify the luggage rack to accept a pet carrier pretty well- I'd do a hard-sided case for protection, though, not a soft one.

Some people also bike with their small dogs tucked into their jacket with just the head sticking out, or on a sling on their back. (Dog needs safety goggles and restraints to do this.) It makes me smile to see a tough old greybeard on a Harley with a Chihuahua sticking out of his jacket. smile
[notify]