GO!

We're Going on Vacation!! How About You?!

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Bingley,- Emmett &- Martika

Little Ewoks

Barked: Sat Mar 26, '11 11:51am PST 
*Bingley talking here* Mummy is taking us on vacation in a little over over a month. We're staying in a log cabin in the country (South-east Ohio, it's soooo pretty down there!) and going to hike our little feets off. I went last year, and loved it, but this is Emmett's first time going. I keep telling him I'm going to kick him off a cliff dancing Maybe if I keep telling him that he'll leave my toys alone, bol! There are some really, really (I mean really) high cliffs there, so mummy already said if Emmett isn't on his best behavior, he can stay in his crate at the cabin while we hike, bol.

It's a long drive for me (3 hours, that's long for me, bol!), but I slept the whole drive last year, so I plan to do the same this year, and mummy hopes Emmett will, too.

So, any of you pups have plans for this year?
[notify]
Quincy- FM TFE-II- TDIAOV CGC

I have just met- you and I LOVE- you!

Barked: Sat Mar 26, '11 6:33pm PST 
Sounds like fun smile We'd love to go camping this year with the whole pack, took them all to a flyball tournament last summer and all did very well with the tent/x-pen. Quincy is my travel buddy, though. last summer he road-tripped/camped with me to visit a friend in Petoskey, MI (we live 30 miles north of Detroit). He is my flyballer, too, so we camp together several times each year at flyball tournaments. Planning on taking an annual trip to Mackinac Island with our therapy dog group. We went 2 years ago and had a great time, the Island is very dog friendly. We go in June for the big Lilac Festival. A friend in the group owns a condo on the island so a few of us room with her. We do the doggie costume parade one day, and the grand parade for Therapy Dogs International another. It's a great time, we make sure to go for nice walks, Mackinac is such a gorgeous place!!! So yeah, those are the main ones I know about. Sometimes things spring up, generally Quincy is my travel buddy, though. Hoping to do a big road trip soon, he will definitely come along for the ride smile
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Mon Mar 28, '11 12:05am PST 
We'll be driving from Oregon to Montana again this year.way to go
[notify]

Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Mar 29, '11 10:00am PST 
My parents want to take Jewel camping. HA! Last year my dad said there was no way Jewel would ever set foot in his camper and I had to board her for my Grandma's birthday. This year he thinks he can just take her with him? Dreaming! laugh out loud
[notify]
Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Tue Mar 29, '11 11:43am PST 
We're going to the same place we go to every year- my family's cabin in N. Wisconsin! It's on a lake in the middle of nowhere- the dogs just loveeeeeeeeee it up there, I'm sure they wish we lived up there! They get to go swimming and exploring and chase critters as much as their hearts' desire all day- its doggie heaven!!! They get to go for boat rides too, and see lots of fishies and duckies!!

We usually go up a few times during the summer/fall. It's a 6 hour drive!! The dogs ride really well though. Lia lovesss hanging her head out the window, even when we're going 75 mph on the interstate! Chloe just sleeps or climbs into the front seat to sit in the passenger's lap lol.

We all can't wait to go!!
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Tue Mar 29, '11 1:01pm PST 
We might be having a family vacation this summer. By "family" I mean me, my human, my human's parents, my human's sister and her sister's husband (and his guide dog Murphy!) We are looking into vacation rental homes in the Wisconsin Dells area. way to go
They did this before but it was several years before I was adopted and before my human's sister's husband got his guide dog. My human's previous two dogs went along that time.
It should be interesting this time with me and Murphy because I sometimes get territorial when Murphy comes to my house and I have to be on a leash when he comes over (Murphy is too). So we'll have to see how it works out, maybe it will be ok since it won't be on "my territory."

Edited by author Tue Mar 29, '11 1:04pm PST

[notify]
Sadie and- Oakley

Twice the dog ~- Twice the- trouble :p

Barked: Tue Mar 29, '11 9:15pm PST 
Next week we are heading to Vegas for spring break. It is Sadie and Oakley's first vacation. I am sure they will be relieved not to get locked up at the boarding facility but they will NOT like the car trip any better maybe even worse. That's what we are concerend about the most...well not concerned but are prepared for hours of whining and possible car sickness : BUT we are staying at the MGM with them and once we set foot out of the car everything will be all right!
[notify]
Fenrir

Veni Vidi Nom

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 1:21am PST 
Hoping to go back up to the lake but this time in the summer so we can swim!
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 1:08pm PST 
Oh yes many camping trips this year with the family but my main camping trip will probably be just me and Kashmir alone. Our first solo trip driving to Manistee MI!! We are both so excited to soak up the sun on the beach and hike and see town!!! dancingblue dog
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Wed Mar 30, '11 2:59pm PST 
Oh Kashmir that is where Bianca is from, Manistee! I've never been there myself, she flew down to Milwaukee to meet me (with her previous owner).
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3