GO!

I've outgrown my carrier!

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

Jinja

Jinja - Play hard. Love- hard.

Barked: Sat Mar 12, '11 4:51pm PST 
Mommy and I travel a lot by car, and I have a seat belt that I love. Now we have to fly again. The last time I flew, I was 15lbs. Now I'm a big girl (22lbs) and I HATE my carrier. I think I'm still small enough to fit in the cabin... I think. Any suggestions for Mommy?
[notify]
Titan

snugglesaurus- rex

Barked: Sun Mar 13, '11 3:46pm PST 
i think the max weight to carry pets in cabin is 18 or 20 pounds so i think you're over that?

at least, last time i flew that's what i remember.
[notify]
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Mon Mar 14, '11 2:27am PST 
Some airlines have strict weight limits while others are more lax on weight as long as the dog can fit comfortably in a soft sided carrier that meets their size specs and the dog can turn around in the carrier when it is zipped closed.

While some of the carriers on the market may be 11=12" tall and will scrunch down, the fact is that the under-seat area is generally 9" or less.

That means, ultimately, can you comfortably fit into a carrier that is approximately 17" long, 11" wide, and 9" tall? Since you don't have any full body pics, I can't tell how "leggy" you are.
[notify]