GO!

Tanuk got a new car!

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 6:50am PST 
Yup, it's his. New Subaru Outback. Never thought we'd get another one, our '99 is on its last legs at close to 300,000 miles. Looked at every car under the sun, then went to the Subaru dealership and there it was, made for us. The clincher was Tanuk went right over, jumped into the cargo area and laid down like it was home. cloud 9

It has much more room for Tanuk than our older model, drives like a cloud, and has BUN WARMERS! snoopy

Now I just have to get used to the idea of dog hair getting all over it, or Tanuk get relegated back to the old car. laugh out loud

Our first trip will be Super Bowl weekend and it'll be full of friends and huskies. way to go

Did I mention it has bun warmers!? happy dance

New pics of Tanuk with HIS car to be posted soon!
[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 7:34am PST 
Congratulations on your new car Tanuk! I hope it brings you many happy travels.
[notify]
Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 8:37am PST 
Nice!! It has enough room for TWO dogs, right?? winkwink

I LOVE my Chevy Malibu, but I know if/when we get a 3rd dog I am going to have to trade 'her in on something w/ more doggie space! Right now Chloe & Lia are pretty much the only ones ever in my backseat!!!
[notify]

Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 9:31am PST 
A second or third dog even. wink You can put the rear seats flat and put a mattress in the back! Camping trip time!
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 10:25am PST 
Thats awesome congrats Tanuk cheer I got Kashmir a newer car a couple months ago. Its a 02 Escape, alot better than the 94 Dodge Spirit we used to drive in. wink Cant wait for summer trips to the beach and camping. dancing
[notify]
Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Tue Feb 1, '11 11:02am PST 
Congrats Tanuk!!!! How thoughtful of your pawrents!
[notify]
Murphy

Why run when you- can hop??!!

Barked: Tue Feb 1, '11 1:52pm PST 
Congrats Tanuk! Sounds like you will have a lot of fun with the new ride!dancing
[notify]
Angel

Little Angel

Barked: Tue Feb 8, '11 6:53pm PST 
!!!!!! Crazy coincidence, we just bought a new Subaru Outback too, I LOVE it!

It looks like you got the blue one (or is it the sage?)...I tried and tried to convince the other half to get the blue one, but he wanted the white one.

Edited by author Tue Feb 8, '11 6:54pm PST

[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Tue Feb 15, '11 5:13pm PST 
Actually it's cypress moss I think? Something to do with cypress. It's a pretty green color. I really like it because there are no other cars this color, so it's easy to spot in crowded parking lots.

I absolutely love it, though we have a '99 Outback too, so it's similar, but much bigger. The main issue is Tanuk is used to sitting up in the car, and in the Outback he constantly pops up and moves around, blocking the entire back window and becoming a bit of a hazard. I've been working on teaching him to lie down the whole time he's in the car.
[notify]
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Tue Feb 15, '11 5:38pm PST 
OMG. I glanced over the title and thought it said "Tanuk got hit by a car!" and I freaked out lol. Glad to hear it was something much, much less dire and much, much more awesome!

Jake wants a new truck, too, with an extended cab. He doesn't like being left out when his owner has to haul another person.

As for me and Samson, well...

If someone else wants a ride with me, there's always the bed :3.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3