GO!

Whats dog of the day????

Celebrate a special pup's special time in the spotlight as Dogster's Dog of the Day and Dog of the Week or bark about a deserving pup you'd like to see featured on Dogster's homepage!

Kc

Ain't nothing- but a hound dog.

Barked: Fri Sep 23, '11 1:03pm PST 
Im a bit new and i dont know what it is help???shrugcheerwavebig grinred facered facered facered face
[notify]
Ellie

Did I hear- WALK?!?!

Barked: Fri Sep 23, '11 3:06pm PST 
Welcome! wave
Every day, Dogster randomly selects a dog and puts his picture up. Click on the orange "Community" button and the dog pictured there is Dog of the Day!
[notify]
Chance

gotta learn to- run before you- can walk!

Barked: Wed Oct 5, '11 8:00am PST 
Cool! big grin Since selections are "random", I assume that means any dog can be chosen, do we go somewhere to submit our dogs?
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Oct 5, '11 10:49pm PST 
Chance... no...

HQ choose... we have no input ....

Basically ... you just have to wait and see !
[notify]
Kc

Ain't nothing- but a hound dog.

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 8:55am PST 
Okay sooo.... the chances of being dog of the day are 1 in more than 600,000!!!!???!!! Wow.
[notify]
Brewski

Never Give Up!

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 12:29pm PST 
Apparently not.

My Brewski showed up as DOTD today. He's been on Dogster for several years; I've never submitted his name for anything.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 8:20pm PST 
Kc.....

Yeah.. its nice to be DOTD... or DOTW... or a Diary Pick......

but......

... for most of us here thats just an incidental. It having folk who UNDERSTAND when your dog/cat has severe behavioural problems ... or your dog/cat is sick...just the thought that you are not alone... that someone may have walked that path...and MAY have some help for you.

Then there is the really big one... when your dog/cat dies.

Its having folk for dont say/think "Its just a dog/cat". It having trusted friends who you can pmail/email/telephone... folk who will laugh and cry with you.... and who.. when you still feel 5 yrs later as if your heart has been ripped out.... will tell you THEY feel the same too.... but help you Celebrate the LIFE.

So yes.. Dog/Cat Of The Day/Week etc is a lottery.... but its just a small part of this Community.

I am sure you understand... being an animal lover ... that those things are the realy important stuff

hug
[notify]