GO!

dog of the week title

Celebrate a special pup's special time in the spotlight as Dogster's Dog of the Day and Dog of the Week or bark about a deserving pup you'd like to see featured on Dogster's homepage!

$TROY$

~the man of the- house~

Barked: Fri Mar 27, '09 10:13am PST 
i was wondering if there was something specific that i would have to do in order to run for dog of the week. since i really i dont have any information on that.thinking
[notify]
Thalia Rose

I'm- Home at- last!

Barked: Sun Apr 5, '09 8:58pm PST 
Random choice.
[notify]
Cookies 'n'- Creme- (1998-2011)

Heart of a lion,- soul of a lamb

Barked: Sun Apr 5, '09 11:01pm PST 
From the DOTW "blog":
"To be considered for Dog of the Week simply make sure your dog has a profile page on Dogster.com. Our judges will take it from there."

Most say it's random, but I doubt it myself. Maybe partly random, but I've seen too many people who needed help/support or who was an outstanding member gain the title of DOTW to believe that it's completely random.

Another quote:
"A secret canine consortium picks each week's winner and then securely notifies Dogster HQ by one-of-the-kind woof-o-mail technology that came to us one night in a dream. Decorating your dog's Dogster or getting active on the site will boost their visibility."

Edited by author Sun Apr 5, '09 11:03pm PST

[notify]

Chloe

Puppy Power

Barked: Wed Apr 8, '09 10:41am PST 
that is soooooo vague! So in other words, they pick out of a hat and it doesn't matter how pawsome or spectacular a dog could be! shrug
[notify]
Sybil Marie

Qui me amat,- amat et canum- meum.

Barked: Wed Apr 8, '09 5:40pm PST 
Go figureshrug But with almost 1/2 million dogs it must be hard to choose.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Apr 9, '09 11:33pm PST 
"So in other words, they pick out of a hat and it doesn't matter how pawsome or spectacular a dog could be!"
What gives you that idea? The idea I got from what I found was...all dogs are awesome, so we have someone pick someone who is an outstanding member. In other words, all members have an equal chance unless they break the rules a lot and troll around. But I dunno.

Edited by author Thu Apr 9, '09 11:34pm PST

[notify]
☆Edie,- NPC☆

Play- nice!!

Barked: Fri Apr 10, '09 6:22am PST 
I consider the DOTW selection to be one of life's great mysteries, right up there with Santa Paws, the Easter bunny, and the tooth fairy. It would be fun to be selected, but it is nothing I give any real thought. I am just so honored to have been Diary of the Day and Dog of the Day.
To me, an honor such as DOTW is not something to be envied or plotted to get. It should be a surprise, and it is especially fun when the pup in question has done something furbulous, or if the pup and/or his furmily are experiencing adversity or loss. It is a reflection of having a magnanimous spirit that defines a Dogster pup. Just my two woofs' worth..cloud 9
[notify]
Chloe

Puppy Power

Barked: Fri Apr 10, '09 9:19am PST 
To Burkett's Cookies n Cream:
I'm not saying all dogs aren't pawsome, I'm saying that there could be dogs that should be recognized for doing things that not every dog has a chance to do in their life like save a human or another dog from death, win some kind of championship, help solve crimes for the police, dogs that visit people in retirement homes to give them love, therapy dogs, I don't know but something that would make a dog stand out from other dogs besides being a pet.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Apr 10, '09 9:18pm PST 
Well, the dogs/member are picked for different reasons. I've only been on this site for two years, but I'm certain that some dogs were chosen for work/heroics they have done. We can't assume that dogs haven't been chosen for that reason when we aren't exactly sure that they make the choice and what they base it upon.
[notify]
Chloe

Puppy Power

Barked: Mon Apr 13, '09 10:45am PST 
I see what you mean....too bad we don't know how they're really picked.
[notify]