GO!

Toy Recommendations?

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

Cairo

Ninja Dog- Extraordinaire

Barked: Tue Oct 15, '13 9:42am PST 
My dog loves to chew. I refuse to give her rawhides as she's attempted to eat large sections without chewing before and I don't want to risk a blockage.

I've also ruled out Nylabones(not a fan of how they splinter)and Kongs(they don't hold her attention).

Can anyone recommend something very chewable, that doesn't splinter, lasts for a decent amount of time(either a toy's typical duration or more than 20 minutes) and doesn't have to have food in it to be amusing?

She's not a puppy(two and a half), and it isn't a behavior issue(she knows what's appropriate to chew and gets plenty of exercise). I just need to find a new toy for her as I feel bad for stealing something she used to enjoy.
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Tue Oct 15, '13 11:26am PST 
Have you tried antlers?
[notify]
Cairo

Barked: Tue Oct 15, '13 2:50pm PST 
I've seen mixed comments about antlers. Some people say they aren't for aggressive chewers and others say they are. I didn't want to risk it if they weren't.
[notify]

Sam

My Sammi

Barked: Wed Oct 16, '13 12:16pm PST 
Bully sticks; they last a long time, even with my big dogs! dancing
[notify]

Barked: Thu Oct 17, '13 8:58am PST 
Raw beef or buffalo marrow bones keep my dog occupied for quite a while.

http://www.primalpetfoods.com/product/list/c/11

I give her the 2" ones.
[notify]
Cairo

Barked: Sat Oct 19, '13 10:43am PST 
I have seen a decent amount of good reviews on bully sticks, but I have heard they smell/stain/etc. Is this universal or brand dependent?

Does anyone know how long, on average, do animal hooves last for medium sized(40ish pounds) dogs? Or do they splinter similarly to raw hides. My local pet store has them for relatively cheap and they look like they'd last a while, but I don't know much about them.

Edited by author Sat Oct 19, '13 10:45am PST

[notify]