GO!

Guess the breed mix

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

Karu

Misbehaved Mutt

Barked: Tue Jul 30, '13 8:37pm PST 
I've had Karu for 5 years and I always love hearing people's guesses to his breed makeup. We did have him DNA tested with partial results, we do know hes part rottweiler. Likely hes a mix of more than 2 breeds. Hes full grown at 53lbs. Anybody want to take a guess?
[notify]
Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Wed Jul 31, '13 9:57pm PST 
He looks like he has a lot of rottie in him. His face certainly looks the part.

Possibly a rottie/boxer mix?

In the video, he was very bouncy. The only large dog breeds I have personally seen bounce like that all the time are poodles and boxers. He also has long legs like a boxer.

DNA tests are not always accurate, but I think his results came pretty close based on what I see.

So rottie/boxer as the dominant mix is my guess with a possibility of others sprinkled in there. Still, he is a cute mutt. I love those soulful rottie eyes he inherited.cloud 9
[notify]
Hershey Bear

Silly old bear

Barked: Thu Aug 1, '13 9:16pm PST 
i see rottie in him for sure. love his expression cloud 9 i think i'd also say he has Boxer in him too, and probably something else.
[notify]

Karu

Misbehaved Mutt

Barked: Fri Aug 2, '13 3:36pm PST 
The second DNA tests comes back as only Rottweiler present and this one supposely tests anything with at least 5%. I've seen test results all over the board before but never nothing.
Probably think I'm crazy but I really think Beglian Malinois. It can explain everything about him that rottweiler can't.
The coat/fur. Hes a red sable and when he was younger had a black saddle that disappeared. He still has a few black tipped hairs. The combination of the two both scream Shepard to me. His ears are semi-erect pointing to a dog with erect ears. Hes got eye-liner. Small/ thin frame. Hes strong but does not have the muscular build of a rottie and hes short, only 20in at the shoulder. His tail was docked which to me would be for one of three reason, medical but this isn't common and i got him at a year old. The breed/owner was trying to pass him off as a purebred rottie. But come on hes red. Or he was purposely bred. I always thought german shepard but both DNA tests failed to pick up on that. But neither tested for belgian malinois. Maybe I'm crazy but it really does seem to fit.
[notify]