GO!

Is DoggyLoot.com a ripoff?

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

Casey

OMG look Mom!- Another dog!

Barked: Thu Jun 6, '13 5:46am PST 
I just signed up to receive deal notifications from DoggyLoot.com, which is like Groupon for pet supplies. I was looking at the prices, and it seems like the retail prices are hugely inflated. I noticed it because I thought $43 retail was a lot to pay for a ten-pack of bully sticks (the deal brought it down to $18). Sounds good, right? Then I looked up the price of a Kong toy on PetSmart, which was $12.99. The same toy on DoggyLoot says it has a retail price of $19.00, but you can get it there for $11.00. Looks like you're really only getting a couple dollars discount. Has anyone used this site before? Kinda makes me wonder about other sites such as Groupon and Living Social.

Edited by author Thu Jun 6, '13 5:47am PST

[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Jun 12, '13 12:22pm PST 
DoggyLoot is a flash sale site. I like DoggyLoot because everything on the site always has free shipping and it does save me money on certain products. That being said, I don't use DoggyLoot too often though because usually I can find better deals on Amazon Prime or the items on sale just don't appeal to me. As for the price comparisons, I think for the price comparisons they use "suggested retail price" which is the price that companies usually suggest that retailers sell their products for, which can be more or less than what a specific retailer chooses to price an item for.

Edited by author Wed Jun 12, '13 12:37pm PST

[notify]
Lulu

Barked: Fri Jun 14, '13 8:35am PST 
My mom has gotten some great deals of Doggy Loot. She got 2 Hear Doggy toys for $15, for instance, and she got the snuggle buddy dogs for $27. I know they retail for $40.

The prices aren't always as comparable, but in general I think it's a pretty good site.

Christie
Lifewithbeagle.com
[notify]