GO!

Pet Communicator?

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Addie CL1- CL2 CL3 NAJ

if it moves,- I'll chase it!

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 2:00pm PST 
Just curious to know if anyone has ever went to, called, or in general talked with a 'pet communicator' ? I have always been curious about it, and am skeptical, but I recently had a few friends go to one and said they LOVED it and felt it was true. I'm not so sure, but I love odd things like this..

Anyone with any experience ? smile
[notify]
ARCHMX Asher RL1X RL2X RL3X RL

we will dance in- the ring without- words

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 5:53am PST 
I have a friend who is an animal communicator. And yes, I have paid for her services and I have asked her questions about my dogs that she just answers for me.

And I am happy with the answers she gives me.
[notify]
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 6:04am PST 
I'm open to the possibility that there real communicators out there, but the ones I have seen personally have been obvious fakes. 95% very generalized information, ego stroking, and 5% specifics that can't truly be proved either way.
[notify]

Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 9:39am PST 
Sorry, but I don't buy into that concept at all. I think it is a huge scam that anyone with astute powers of observation could do. Tell people what they want to hear & they'll fork out cash to keep hearing it.laugh out loud
[notify]

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 9:43am PST 
seems like you can make a living doing anything nowadays!
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 9:46am PST 
An animal communicator? Do you mean like Cesar Millan?
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 9:47am PST 
An animal communicator told my friend that her Irish Wolfhound was a "mole in a previous life" and that's why he didn't like to climb indoor stairs. She thought this was a load of horse puckey. The other statements were so generalized as to be useless.

Animal communicators, if they meet your animals, may just read body language better than you do, as the other poster said.

Generally, they fall into the same rip-off people in the same manner as psychics. If I remember, it's called a "cold read."
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 12:56pm PST 
I have a friend who saw two different pet communicators. Both, she tried to see if she could fool. She told them that her dog was wild, totally misbehaving, and she was fed up with him and wanted to get some insight as to why he would be acting out. In actuality, her dog wasn't doing anything and she couldn't be happier with him, but like I said, she wanted to see if she could fool them to see if they were for real or not. wink

The first one, after "communicating" with her dog, told her her dog was acting out because he wanted a change of pace--he was sick of the old routine y'know? She listened politely, but inside she was thinking this pet communicator is a total fake.

Now, the second one, she told them the same made-up story... and, after "communicating" with the dog, they looked my friend in the eye and said "Are you kidding? You love this dog and everything about him, and he loves you the same."

She said the second person was pretty spot on. I suppose they could have just taken a guess that she was making it all up about her dog being a butthead. Who knows?

I've never talked with a pet communicator, but I did talk to a palm reader and they were way off. Mostly generalized stuff, but the thing about seeing children in my future.. and when I said "Nope. I'm a dog person. Not a kid person" she made up for it by saying she just sees me caring for another living being, not necessarily children. Again, generalized stuff that's easy to apply to anyone and anything. laugh out loud
[notify]
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 2:46pm PST 
If the communicator is well versed in human body language as well, they would know if someone if were lying to them. I can't really imagine someone going to those lengths for animal communication, though... Some human psychics do for sure.

Part of what Ava's owner experienced with the palm reader is symbol reading. Palm lines (and Tarot cards, tea leaves, etc) present symbols that a gifted reader must interpret to see the overall picture - which again, can easily be manipulated by a faker. So maybe you could have a symbol for new life, for nurturing, and for long time. Maybe you're going to have a child, or maybe you're going to start and maintain a garden for the next 20 years. That's WAY oversimplified, but you get the idea.

I really am interested in this. There are so many unexplained phenomena regarding telepathy - like dogs who know when their owners are coming home. Vance always knew. He also knew when I was leaving. He could be sound asleep in different room when the thought struck me to go out, and before I had even got off the couch he'd be up and at the door. I thought he was hearing or reading some change in my motion for a long time, but I couldn't fake him out no matter how hard I tried.

Our holistic vet also uses ART testing to help build a supplement treatment plan. Basically you read the body's energy to find the weak spots, then test different supplements or foods against it to figure out which ones will heal those weak spots. I'm still skeptical of this too. It could easily be that a well educated, thorough vet can recommend the best supplements possible to fix an individual's ailments. And it does work. Vance was virtually symptom-free and lived WAY longer than a dog with his issues should have. Ember's chronic Lyme is no longer readable on conventional tests.

The piece that I still have no explanation for is one session with Vance that was taking forever... He had some new weird stuff come up, and none of the supplements were matching his energy... He was getting impatient, so I sat down on the floor facing him with my arms around his shoulders and my face in his neck. I couldn't see and was not paying attention to the reading, only to keeping my dog calm. When the vet finally tested the right combination of supplements, I felt it.

It was indescribable, but I sound nuts at this point anyway so the best I can say is that it felt like a wave of good. Everything light, happy and peaceful washed over us - and it was strong. I actually jumped a little and jerked my head up to see what was going on, because the readings are silent. That's when the vet confirmed what I felt. I don't like to believe what I can't prove, but to deny experience is wrong. So I leave it open. I just don't know.
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 6:03pm PST 
A friend of mine wanted me to talk to an associate of hers who was/is a pet communicator who was looking to get in some practice.
I had Mikey for about 6 months or so when I got the reading (for free), via the telephone, and man oh man was it a crock. This gal was spittin' spit balls hoping something would stick.
I didn't say yay or nay to anything she said, I just kept saying, "uh huh".

When my friend asked me how it went, I kind of lied.

Now, I believe it mediums, for people, and I believe there are people out there who can truly communicate with our dearly departed, but communicating with animals is still a stretch for me.

I have a neighbor who gave me contact info for a gal who is an animal and human communicator. She gave me this info a few years back and I never contacted the woman. She asks me every 6 months or so if I've talked to the communicator and is disappointed when I tell her no.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2