GO!

Things you've given up for your dog

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 10:06pm PST 
The two biggest things are time and the ability to go anywhere overnight without her.

I've also given up on having clean floors for more than 10 minutes at a time, and have given up on ever having a fur-free car again...
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 11:45am PST 
Clean floors, Rexy, you mean those exist somewhere???

I don't think there's a surface in the house that doesn't have a paw print on it. After I clean, I swear it's like a rush to see how fast she can put her prints on things...Oh well...I try but it's all for naught.big grin
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 1:29pm PST 
Oh dear Lucille...I do hope your girl isn't putting paw prints on your ceilings!! (although I don't think I'd put that past her) laugh out loud

My floors are clean for about as long as it takes for them to dry and the dog to wake up from her nap. wink
I'd been used to cat fur being pretty much woven into everything I own but Rexy has sure brought that up several knotches....hubby vacuumed the car last weekend and joked that all he managed to do was "re-arrange and comb the dog hair".
[notify]

Leah

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 5:07pm PST 
I am thinking I will not be taking vacations any more. She would not do well being kenneled! And I now have a white fur back seat in my car, which I always kept clean! And I spend my free time playing ball and such things.And we wont talk about $$$$
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 6:24pm PST 
I've been a Mom and multi cat owner my entire adult life so things like clean carpets are an unknown thing to mebig laugh What have I given up for my dogs???

I've given up on the Better Homes and Gardens style house. Knowing that even with the little humans grown there will always be broken toys, clouds of fur, and pee stains somewhere in the house.

I've given up lit candles in the house save for the bedroom when I'm up there watching them like a hawk. The dogs can reach the counters. When the power went out some months ago we had a lit candle on the stove. Suddenly the flame dimmed. It was Chii standing over it looking at us dumbly..."Sniff sniff sniff, hum something smells like toasty fur duh"

I've given up eating without sharing...begging, something the kids were guilty of n' cats too. Now I just naturally divide up my plate more or less.

Did I mention the Christmas tree decorated four feet from the ground so Callie doesn't pluck off ornaments to munch?
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 8:37pm PST 
Definitely had to give up traveling, so now family comes to visit us instead. I could not imagine boarding our dogs as they are way too spoiled. The 3 smaller ones sleep in bed with us, while Odin has his own twin sized mattress right next to our bed (I said they were spoiled lol). Oh, and I had to give up being a neat freak with my floors. In the end I have gained much more than I have had to give up though smile.

Edited by author Fri Dec 14, '12 8:40pm PST

[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 3:37am PST 
all of the above, and my fair share of bed and blankets.
[notify]
Oz

Trust me...I'm a- beagle

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 7:51am PST 
The only time I haven't had a dog in my life was a brief period between the ages of 2 and 4....

I don't know ANY of these things that you are all speaking of having to give up laugh out loud
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 5:47pm PST 
Fur free carpets/clothing/blankets, being able to enjoy eating anything without anyone staring at me and drooling, spontaneity with travel and time, and money.
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Sun Dec 16, '12 11:41am PST 
I'm going to add I've given up sleep. Falling asleep when I first go to bed is long gone because Moose loves to lay across my chest, resting his head on my shoulder and as he's twitching away in his sleep, I lay there hoping I'll fall asleep.
Then at 6am or earlier he hops on the bed to do the same thing. I wake up early every single day.
But, I love it. Ok, most mornings I love it

I think it's actually aiding in me getting sick for the 3rd time this year. Stress + lack of sleep= sick. Ugh.

Next I'll be giving up a rib cage.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3