GO!

Pit Bull Ban Repealed

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Sat May 19, '12 6:40pm PST 
I saw this in the news. I guess there's hope.

May 17, 2012 Posted by ADMIN in Dog News,
Pit bull advocates are celebrating another victory in the war against BSL after Cincinatti, repealed a long standing breed ban. According to the City Beat, “After a long, arduous battle for dog lovers and Cincinnati animal welfare advocates, success has arrived. Today, Cincinnati City Council voted 8-1 to officially repeal the breed-specific language in Cincinnati’s vicious dog ordinance, which previously made ownership of pit bulls within city limits illegal.”

“It’s fantastic. It’s been a long effort, but we’ve had some great supporters from all across the country … that’s had an overwhelming affect on Council. Dog owners, of pit bulls or not, have flooded Council with requests to change the law,” said Jim Tomaszewski, SPCA Cincinnati trustee. Tomaszewski spearheaded the campaign to eliminate the ban.

Pit Bull proponents embraced the decision after facing nine years of discrimination. The amendments to Section 701-1-V of the Cincinnati Municipal code will completely eliminate breed-specific terminology.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun May 20, '12 6:11pm PST 
cheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheerpartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartyhappy dancehappy dancehappy dance~a ~happy dancehappy dancehappy dance
Thanks for spreading the good news ,Jax.hugwishes to you as well,hope you are feeling better.
[notify]
Rocky

Barked: Mon May 21, '12 8:27am PST 
That is excellent news! dog walk
[notify]

Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Mon May 21, '12 11:24am PST 
Great news! Hopefully the state of Maryland will pay attention. They'll be dealing with a repeal some day as well.
[notify]
Bubbles- (1997 - 2012)

Moan, it gets- you places.

Barked: Tue May 22, '12 10:54am PST 
Lucille,

And DENVER

Jax,

Thanks for the GREAT NEWS.
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Thu May 24, '12 10:40am PST 
I hate on Denver for having a pit bull ban. In this city they are allowed to confiscate pit bull dogs immediately and kill them. A major interstate highway goes right through the city. I don't think every traveling pit bull owner knows about this.

The most of the state is kinder. Where I live they are allowed and the shelter does not put them down. They are popular dogs in every state.
[notify]