GO!

Pit Bull Saves Owner From A Train!

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Mon May 14, '12 8:43pm PST 
I just hope it wakes her owner up so that she can get a handle on her own illness (alcoholism) and that the son does right by the dog. Some of the articles have said she blacked out and others have hinted she may have been suicidal; either way, the dog shouldn't have been put in the position of being her babysitter.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Tue May 15, '12 6:22am PST 
"either way, the dog shouldn't have been put in the position of being her babysitter."

Alcoholism is considered an illness like MI is now, why should an SD for that be any less acceptable than an owner trained PSD?

A dog that will bring back an escaped autistic kid is sort of acting like a babysitter, and getting SDs for that is becoming popular fast in my state now. The average doctor has no clue what they're doing regarding those 'prescriptions' at this point. It will be interesting to see where this goes...because I agree, it's unfair to some dogs in certain circumstances where they should not be. Unsafe for the handler, unsafe for the dog, but hey it looks great on paper and on the surface it seems like a solution.

I'm glad that Lilly is going to be ok. It's amazing to think about the thought process that dog went through in order to do what she did and still survive.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2