GO!

Dealing with people!!!

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Fri May 4, '12 5:17am PST 
Well this is not very dogster realted but i need advice. I have an ex and he was very verbally abusive and played mind games. Anyway my best friend is now dating him even though her ex boyfriend is my ex's best friend!!! Now my ex is sending me nasty messages and trying to pick fights. I blocked his number from my cell phone. Any other advice if he tries to contact me??
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Fri May 4, '12 7:25am PST 
You've made a good start by blocking his calls way to go Don't engage with him, ignore any attempts by him to bait you into contact. Chances are that if he gets no response from you, he'll grow bored and leave you alone.

However, if he doesn't get the message or begins to harass you in person, I would consider contacting local law enforcement.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Fri May 4, '12 8:13am PST 
Thank you Titus!! Ive never dealt with this before. he hasnt talked to me until my friend came around and has "feelings for him!" I blocked his number so he cant call or text me anymore and i feel like i cant be friends with her anymore or should i try? I mean to me this is not ok and i dont support it at all!! What should i do on that or is it all up to me?? Yikes people suck thats why i love my dog!! laugh out loud
[notify]

Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Fri May 4, '12 7:49pm PST 
Honestly, I'd have a hard time socializing with a friend who showed so little sensitivity as to take up with my abusive ex. It would make avoiding him more difficult too, but whether or not you want to continue to hang out with her is entirely your call. wishes
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Sat May 5, '12 10:23am PST 
Thank you titus!! hug
[notify]
Luna Tuna Coyote

Luuuuuuna- Tuuuuuuna

Barked: Sat May 5, '12 3:33pm PST 
You and your dog will keep each other happy smile Anyone who causes you pain isn't worth a second of your time. Your friend will realize how much of a jerk he is and she won't want to put up with him anymore. Just give it time, let the drama cool off, & don't let anyone bring you down!
[notify]
(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Sun May 6, '12 11:31am PST 
you started out right...
you block and delete.
and also watch your facebook accounts,if you have one.
a very good spot to be hurrassed.
also stop being friends with your girlfriend...let them dwell in eichother.
she will soon see that he is abuse,men like that do those things to every women,so she will feel his behavior soon enough.
but when he starts stalking you in the flesh call your local law enforcement.
and report him.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Sun May 6, '12 6:06pm PST 
Thank you everybody for the great advice!!! It makes me feel much better about my decision to not be friends with her. hug And yes i have taken full advantage of having Kashmir around to help clear my head. We walked in the park yesterday and it was very relaxing for both of us. smile
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Mon May 7, '12 6:21am PST 
That's not a pleasant situation at all hughug
I ended up having to call law enforcement on my ex as he constantly harassed me.

Hopefully yours gets the point when you ignore him.

As for the friend, that's an ugly situation as well. Incredibly inconsiderate of her IMO.And at the end of it all it's going to be tough to not say "I told you so"
Either cut contact completely if you've explained your feelings and she has ignored them, or just keep a distance. Don't hang around her if he is going to be there.

It will get better eventually, just hang in therehug
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Mon May 7, '12 11:28am PST 
Thank you Rigby it already has been since i cut ties with her. But thanks for the advice and support everyone. Thats why i come to dogster hug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2