GO!

How did you come up with your dogs name?

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 9 of 9: Viewing entries 81 to 89)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Wed Jul 20, '11 3:13pm PST 
OT but Gabbie, did you message me last week with Cloey? I replied but how come she's gone?
[notify]
☯Gabby☯

keep a wagging- your tail

Barked: Fri Aug 5, '11 8:12pm PST 
I love All your names and sorry I dont know what happend to chloe.shrug
[notify]
Okami- Amaterasu

I shalst- pluck-eth ze- toy...

Barked: Wed Aug 24, '11 8:51am PST 
Well, Okami is a japanese breed of dog (a shiba inu) so I had to pick a japanese name smile. Okami means wolf in japanese and Amaterasu is the name of the japanese sun god whose original name is Amaterasu Omekami; which is a play on words in which the sun god is sometimes depicted as a wolf.wink
[notify]

Eclipse

I am a Diva- Girl

Barked: Fri Aug 26, '11 6:24pm PST 
I got Eclipse from the moives and books called The Twilight Saga.dancingdancingdancingdancing
[notify]
Jethro

Jethro Gibbs

Barked: Fri Aug 26, '11 6:25pm PST 
I got Jethro from the T.V show called NCIS. dancingdancing
[notify]

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '12 4:33pm PST 
I named my golden retriever Lasher without even meaning toosmile When I first say him I just called him Lasher when he was originally to be name Charlie. Weird right? It was destiny. Lol
[notify]
Liam

Lil Country Boy

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '12 5:22am PST 
Tuarwen came from an abusive past and has a T on her chest so I wanted something to mean brave. I'm obsessed with Elvish so I named her Tuarwen Verya(middle name) Tuarwen is elvish for Noble strength, Verya is brave.

Liam is much simpler. My mom demanded i name him something she could say. Liam is a irish gaelic name, and also the name of Angel(TV show) as a human. It also means 'My nation my people' in Hebrew........if i remember correctly. So Liam became Liam Gregg, Gregg in memory of my dead half brother who was a rebel and pain in my moms behind just like Liam is to me xD
[notify]
Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Sat Apr 28, '12 7:57pm PST 
Mozart is named after the famous composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and he even has a music note id tag! I love music have been playing piano for three years and wanted his name to be related with music so that is how I came up with it I love his name and it seems to fit him!
my other dog Yorkie name was Polo because his brother was named Marco he sadly had to be put to sleep and was only three years oldcry

Bella my seven year old Yorkie who I adopted already had her name I wanted to change it but she responded so well to it so I had to keep it silenced
[notify]
Alva BH

I ordered the- best dog for me- & got her

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '12 2:28am PST 
When I brought my new puppy home, I had no idea how to call her. All the pretty names I knew seemed to be already someone's name. Ruska (autumn colours) was the name of a German pointer I knew. Rose and Tara are the terriers of my aunt. I had a school friend called Venla and also know a dachshund with that name. Netta was Netta, the dog of my life. I almost left her as Pätkä (means stump, bit, flick, a short person) as her breeder had called her because of a white spot on the back of her neck.

On a walk I called my aunt and my parents to tell I'm no more alone here and they all started suggesting me names. I didn't ask for it and I was thus a bit irritated. It was probably my mom who suggested Ava or Aava. I considered Ava being a bit too prognostic and so turn into ominous (Ava is short for agility champion in Finnish). Aava (open sea) could fit as I live near a coast but for some reason I changed one a to l and got Alva. I thought I'd chew over her name later but Alva stuck.

Now I think it's good it stuck. I love Alva's name. It suits her. And I love Alva too.
[notify]
  (Page 9 of 9: Viewing entries 81 to 89)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9