GO!

Need a dog bed recommendation

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

Jasper

If it's in your- hand, it's gotta- be MINE

Barked: Thu Sep 17, '09 9:49pm PST 
I'm not looking for anything too $$$ ($50 or under, please)... I don't care about the cute styles; I need something FUNCTIONAL. My teeny tiny doxie has chewed his way through TWO Boots & Barkley beds already.

Looking for a donut bed (he's a curler), but something good and sturdy and made for chewers. I found a good bed on sale at fetchdog, but the x-small is just a tad too small, but the next size up is twice that size! (Looking for something around 20", about 17" for him to sleep in and a bit up a bumper edge. Need something durable, and prefer for it to be machine washable.

Any suggestions???
[notify]
Delilah

Jumping the- fence is the- life.

Barked: Sat Sep 19, '09 8:34pm PST 
These are the best pet beds ever made! No matter what your dog does to them it will NEVER tear up and yes I mean NEVER! I have had mine for over 5 years and not a scratch on it! My dogs dig, bite and do anything to tear up there beds, this bed NEVER tears up! I still have my dog bed that I got from them! Anyways, the wesbite is www.taylordesignedpetproducts.com/
[notify]
Puck

Puck goes- packin'

Barked: Fri Sep 25, '09 5:28pm PST 
I see Jasper is still very young. I would wait untilo the teething is over before investing in a new bed. We like to curb that urge with sterilized bones filled with dog treats. These really help to settle the teeth. wink
[notify]

Yukiko

Woo Woo!

Barked: Tue Sep 29, '09 8:43pm PST 
If you are a Sam's Club member or Costco member they sell nice dog beds for a decent price. I bought my shibas a bed from Costco a year or so ago - I think it was around $20.
[notify]
Jasper

If it's in your- hand, it's gotta- be MINE

Barked: Fri Oct 2, '09 4:43pm PST 
update: I found the PERFECT bed at Petco, for only $20. who knew? similar style to ones i'd been looking at that cost $75+ on SALE... made of a thicker canvas-y material, and supposed to help repel scent and dirt, as well as be more difficult to chew on. SCORE!

He loved it, and started using it right away. YAY!
[notify]
Buddy and Sadie

We are Brother- and Sister!

Barked: Sat Oct 10, '09 8:19pm PST 
Jasper, you are a sweet little baby!!!! We have beds from Mammoth Pet Beds, but ours are BIG donuts big laugh I'm not sure of the pricing for little donuts, but if you are ever looking in the future for a new bed, they may have something for you! Enjoy your new bed! cloud 9
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 2:39am PST 
You might find something from here:

http://www.petbedsdirect.co.uk/
[notify]
Harlow

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 2:03pm PST 
Best bed I ever found for chewers was a Kong bed from Petsmart. Harlow got hers at 10 weeks old, by the time she outgrew it, you couldn't even tell a puppy had been chewing on it. And I caught her and my other dog playing tug with it several times laugh out loud
[notify]