GO!

Help find my friend's dog!

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Fri Jul 19, '13 11:53am PST 
I'm glad your friend got her dog back.

I had a similar situation except they actually took Sabi right from the yard! I was less then impressed with the response I got when I started doing all the things you are supposed to do. I ended up basically going door to door on my own and harassing everyone I saw until I found her myself. She had been stolen and sold within an hour. The lady had no idea she was purchasing a stolen dog until I happened to speak to her. Even then she only admitted that she had her when Sabs shredded her laundry room door when she heard my voice. If I had relied on AC, the SPCA and vet clinics I would never have seen her again, because frankly they didn't care. Most clinics here don't scan for chips and won't even bother looking for a tattoo. Many don't even have scanners. Sad but true, our dogs are only important to us.
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Sun Jul 21, '13 6:18pm PST 
Glad your friend got her dog back! Don't know if it would have done any good, but I wish I had gotten Twist micro-chipped, I had been thinking about it and just hadn't gotten around to it...talk about learning lessons the hard way. Sabi, that is crazy to think they weren't going to give her back even though they knew she was yours! So tired of people stealing and flipping pets. frown
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2