GO!

Police search wrong house and kill pit bull

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 22)  
1  2  3  
Seela

Beauty and the- Beast

Barked: Wed Jun 12, '13 10:06am PST 
I think it really sad that some of these dogs have been killed during police activity. It seems to be happening a lot in in US - probably because near every has guns so police are not just dealing with a potential dangerous dog but also somebody hiding around the corner with a gun. You don't hear too much about it happening in Canada.
Some time ago my brother was staying with me (and his big male GSD). He tried to commit suicide at my house with his dog inside. Thankfully, I was away training with my Sch3 dog and she was not in the house (I hate to think what could have happened). The ambulance and police came, broke down the door but couldn't enter the house. Thankfully, there was one police officer that was able to calm his dog down, otherwise they would have no option to shoot him as a life was in danger.
Not all police are trigger happy but of course there are a few bad apples in every bushel. I think the police in the US has to come up with a solution instead of shooting dogs in these raids. Reality is that if people are dealing with drugs they usually have the pit bulls to protect their drugs.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Wed Jun 12, '13 5:01pm PST 
Reality is someone needs to tell the dealers that pits are sometimes useless as guard dogs, better that they should get themselves a Shepard or Rottie that means business...
Sophie and Callie watching over someone's stash?...throw a box of meaty bones and you could easily help yourself...
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 22)  
1  2  3