GO!

My Neighbor is Back....

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Tue May 7, '13 9:05am PST 
Oh, such a long story. But many of you have already heard most of it...though it dates from about two years ago.

My neighbor, who may not be right in the head called the police the other day when Savvy was off her leash for about 10 seconds. She was visiting with another neighbor and their dog and his dogs came out (as they will) and started raging and tearing at his fence again. I quickly put Savvy on the leash, and we went back in my yard, but by that time he was on the phone with the sheriff and the fun starts all over again. I called Animal Control myself to get the story straight and they said he had NOT reported it, they only have one report on my pets and it is two years old, which is when I had the previous run in with him.

Oddly, in our county - there is no leash law. The code says dogs must be with owner and under control, which she was. So he might have been stopped in his tracks. What worries me is that in his tirade he talked about getting my picture in other places where I had them offleash, so sounds like I'm being stalked. My peace order against him ran out, so I guess I'll have to start documenting for another one.
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Tue May 7, '13 9:21am PST 
This looney tune has some major head issues.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Tue May 7, '13 9:24am PST 
And he kept yelling "are you threatening me?" I think he is going to try to get a peace order against ME which should be amusing as I am your basic middle aged librarian sort and he is a rather big fellow with tribal tattoos.
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue May 7, '13 11:25am PST 
Saavy,so sorry this is starting to be an issue for you again. Hopefully you have been able to nip it in the bud. I would however if I were you,see about getting the peace order reinstated.hugwishes We are here for moral support if needed.flowers
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Tue May 7, '13 11:44am PST 
I was so mad Sunday I could not see straight. Am better now. Thanks.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Thu May 9, '13 4:00pm PST 
sounds like my husbands brother...gah...wish I was kidding...shock

But anyway...guess you're not in a position to move but I would tell you to keep your own documentation of this loony tune. Befriending the animal control officer and being proactive is a good idea too, same thing if you know any police officers, let them know about the situation...then if the neigbor is harassing you they know the story and will be on your side.
Can you get another restraining order yet? If you keep a log of incidents you can give it to the judge. big hugbig hugbig hug

Edited by author Thu May 9, '13 4:01pm PST

[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Thu May 9, '13 7:52pm PST 
Documentation and stay safe!hughughug
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Sat May 11, '13 6:41am PST 
Yes, I am now logging incidents and being extra careful that my pups are not anywhere he could get at them. I called Animal Control and talked to them about the incident. The guy was very nice and explained the law to me, which I already know. He also told me that I had not been reported since two years ago which was when I last had a run in with this idiot.

I am not planning on moving at this time, but have my mind set on "someday" having enough acreage so as not to have any near neighbors. I have a good lot in that it is surrounded by trees, and the large back yard is fenced and very private. He is on the corner lot, and has a fence, but without any trees or privacy, which is why his reactive dog has these issues. Not just with my dogs but with anyone who appears in their view. Sigh.

He was complaining to the sheriff who came when he called about the efficiency of Animal Control, and the sheriff advised him to "get some traps." So goes life in the county.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat May 11, '13 7:37am PST 
Savvy,
hugwishes and stay safe. I hope this looney toon doesn't take up stalking you again everytime you take the pups for a walk. I know your dogs are very well behaved so try not to let this @$$____ upset you too much.
[notify]