GO!

My dog bit a dog who came into my yard -whose at fault?

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Maggie

im a squeaker

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 2:04pm PST 
Im in MD. My friends have 3 great danes and someone broke into their house (stupid move). The dogs let the 2 men in and then would not let them out of the house, one of the dogs bit one of the men when he was trying to leave the house...it was a very serious bite frown The burglars called the cops but while the cops were on the way my friend got home and found the 2 men in the bathroom with blood everywhere.

The cops pulled up and the injured man was sent to the hospital, when the burglar said he wanted to press charges the cops laughed and said that since he was not given permission to enter the house that the dog did what it was suppose to do. The injured man actually took my friend to civil court for his medical bills where the judge ruled in favor of my friend and told the man he could not get anything since he was breaking in.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 11:35am PST 
The burgler tried to press charges????!!!!!!
That take the cake on chutzpah..."Your Honor, yes we did break into the house and yes we had the intent of stealing things from the property...but those dogs came after me, and then when I tried to run they wouldn't let me leave and ohhh it was just sooo awful and scary..."

Hope the judge called them out for being weenies and then sent them back to jail...laugh out loud
[notify]
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 3:21pm PST 
The lie that the courts favor the criminals and that any injury whatever will always be held against the innocent, law-abiding citizen is heavily promoted, and therefore widely believed, especially by people who aren't very bright--which includes most criminals.
[notify]

Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 8:40am PST 
In most areas, you could both successfully sue each other. Their dog was at large and trespassing, however you could be said to be harboring a dangerous animal. Especially if there are breed or containment laws in your area. That's the claim that criminals win in court - not that they had some right to be on the property, but that there was a dangerous animal who poses a public risk on the property.

I'm guessing the placement of the fence in regard to property lines and whose responsibility it was to maintain the fence may also play a role, depending again on area, and on how things go down...
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2